Undo Steam conversion?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by galaxy366, September 30, 2013.

1. galaxy366

galaxy366 Member

I was just wondering this. Is it possible to undo the steam conversion? Most of the time I don't even want to have Steam installed on for example my laptop and just the launcher. But I just converted it and well now I can't undo it or have a second non steam key.
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Nope you can't undo it. You can try contact Uber support:
    http://support.uberent.com/open.php
    But it's not likely this is possible, garat said it many many times.

You still able to use launcher even after you converted key to Steam, but first you need to activate key and then link your UberNet and Steam accounts (this happen on first login though Steam).
  3. Proarbiter

Proarbiter New Member

U just have to start steam and the game 1 time and then you can use the normal launcher again ;)
  4. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

I think it should be possible for Steam activated PA's to also be able to run without Steam. It's all the same UberNet account anyway.
  5. cyborgdelta1

cyborgdelta1 New Member

What's wrong with steam being installed on your laptop?
  6. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Bloat. Bloat everywhere. There some bloat and there some bloat and everywhere is bloat bloat bloat. *sing*
  7. mrosseel

mrosseel New Member

I also feared the non-reversability of the steam conversion, but the launcher is indeed still playable as-is so as far as I see nothing is lost with getting the steam key.
  8. thepyro13

thepyro13 Member

Oh neat, I thought we would be forced to open the game through steam if we converted keys.
  9. jemm13

jemm13 New Member

How do you link your Uber entertainment user and Steam user?
  10. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Your accounts are linked automatically (on Windows and Mac OS X) when you run game from Steam first time and login, but you can check linking status or re-link account using this URL:
    https://uberent.com/user/linksteam