Unable to see qued buildings, particles, spawn zones, metal spots, etc. R9 290.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by tanmang, September 18, 2016.

1. tanmang

tanmang New Member

Ello! I have this horrendous bug where; particles, metal spots, starting spots, and qued building don't show up, planets look like Vinesauce Vinny's Sesame Street corruption stream (youtu.be/EzQiQ1pVlN8?t=51s)- horribly distorted and stretched across the system. Using an R9 290, latest drivers (Crimson info and DxDiag attached). I've tried a reinstall of the game and I tried updating my drivers (Already latest version). Anyone know a fix?

UPDATE; Huzzah to mikeyh! Fixed by updating my Crimson drivers!

Attached Files:

Last edited: September 18, 2016
  2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

lulamae and dom314 like this.
  3. tanmang

tanmang New Member

Ah! I thought Crimson was grouped with my GPU's drivers, updating now. Expect an update soon.

UPDATE; Bingo! Thank you for the help! I didn't realize the Crimson drivers were separate from the GPU drivers themselves so thank you for the new found knowledge!
    Last edited: September 18, 2016
    cdrkf likes this.
  4. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

If using the new driver alone doesn't help, check if similar corruption also occurs in other games. If yes, that might be your GPU failing.

In that case, you might want to underclock(!) the RAM on the graphics card, that's a potential weak spot of the Radeon 2xx family, especially if factory overclocked such as your model. (It's reporting 1040 MHz core clock instead of the default 947 MHz, and the memory is most likely also overclocked. Regular clock for your card is 1250 Mhz for the memory.)

Games -> Global Settings -> Global Overdrive.
    lulamae and dom314 like this.