Unable to play on tropical and earth biome.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by myen, August 14, 2013.

1. myen

myen New Member

I don't find anything on the forum to help me, my game just close without error message when i try to play on a tropical or earth biome.
    The planet editor do the same when i try to generate a planet with those biomes.
    I have no problem to play and generate moon biome and i can generate lava and metal biome in editor.
    The game is launch via steam.

Computer : Laptop
    CPU : Intel Core I5-2410M @ 2.30 GHz
    Ram : 4 Go
    GPU : Nvidia GTX 560m
    OS Windows Vista Pro 64Bit
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Please attach your DxDiag.txt
  3. myen

myen New Member

i send you two versions

Attached Files:

4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

First check if you using latest video drivers:
    Probably you already using them, but if not try this LINK.

Second I recommend you to check your RAM usage when game crashed. Actually 4GB should be enough to start game on any standard planet, but there might be possible memory leaks if you play multiple games after each other. Or if you leave many other application running while you playing there might be not enough memory for PA, e.g browsers or some image editing software.

Also if you run game though Steam, try to run PA.exe it directly, it's possible give you some proper crash report then.
  5. myen

myen New Member

I can't run PA.exe directly, when i try i have an error message "could not contact the steam client. Is it running ?" And steam is running just behind it...

And something goes wrong with the dxdiag, my drivers are the 310.90 dated to 01/05/2013. And your link give me the 307.83 drivers so i have the lastet video drivers avalaible.