Unable to connect to Lan on same network or online

Discussion in 'Support!' started by thesporeguy, March 12, 2018.

1. thesporeguy

thesporeguy New Member

I have been trying to host a PA server on my server at home, but none of the other computers on the same network can see it, nor can any of my friends online see it. The server does not appear on PAlobby.com, however, I can see the server on port 20545 theough the site "canyouseeme.org" (the server commandline shows that something pinged it) which suggests that the server is open to use the internet. I have no issues connecting to my server in other games, both locally and remotely, including other games which require port forwarding and firewall opening.

The server is running windows, but has no gpu capable of running PA from anything but the commandline. this is the start.bat I use to launch server.exe

server.exe --game-mode PAExpansion1:lobby --server-name "TestServer" -mt-enabled --headless --community-servers-url "auto" --community-server-region "USCentral" --community-server-public-host "[myip]" --allow-lan

It doesnt work even when I switch the server region or whatever. its been a few weeks im fighting with it, and the fact that the server wont even show up on lan, much less online, is frustrating.

any advice?
  2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Updated your certificates?
  3. thesporeguy

thesporeguy New Member

Tried that, unfortunately it had no effect
  4. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Are you listing a public address? ie not 10.0.0.0/8
  5. thesporeguy

thesporeguy New Member