Umbrella vs anchor

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by killerkiwijuice, November 17, 2014.

1. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Anchor wins every time. No way to counter anchors other than massive swarms of avengers.

Pls increase umbrella range, it's such a simple fix that can make orbital 10x better.
  2. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

If you buff the umbrella too much then it becomes near impossible to invade a planet. Balance is a fickle business.
    philoscience likes this.
  3. immorhys

immorhys New Member

anchor if you're both on the planet. umbrella planetwide if you control it. both if you really want to stalemate.

anchors are a pain to take out, avengers are like the dox vs the T2 laser of anchor, except worse.
  4. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

5. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Umbrellas already outrange anchors and are much cheaper to build than anchors. Why are you concerned? It isn't cost effective to anchor crèep with all this t1 spam.
  6. killerkiwijuice

They don't out-range anchors
  7. mered4

Check the numbers, Kiwi. They do.

By 10 range, if I remember correctly.

I adjusted the numbers in the Community Uberbalance, then replaced them back to Vanilla when I realized how big of an advantage Umbrellas hold.
  8. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

The size of a planet/asteroid can really screw with this though.
    mered4 likes this.
  9. killerkiwijuice

The game tells a different story than the numbers :confused:

I place the umbrellas so close that the very edge of the range line is touching and the anchors can still shoot them. Sometimes even the fabbers.
    kayonsmit101, zaphodx and Planktum like this.
  10. mered4

On tiny moons less than 300 in size, the umbrella has a tiny range due to orbital scaling. Other than that, you should be fine.
  11. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

pff, give me a handful of fabbers and I'll show you exactly what I think of your pishy anchors; they're a nuisance at best, lack any real balls in defence and lack offensive capability

Come t2, they're safe to ignore
  12. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Actually no. It might have been fixed recently but I've had this happen on radius ~700. There is a problem with the actual ingame range, so don't just make statements based solely on you theorycrafting over the numbers.
    kayonsmit101 and mered4 like this.
  13. mered4

I have noticed it Zaphod, in game. I just have only had gameplay issues with it on 300r or smaller moons. That doesn't mean someone else hasn't had a different experience - that's just what I've witnessed and played with.

I'd also like to reiterate that anchor rushing is not cost effective and trying to anchor creep is probably in my top 10 Best Ways to Lose a Lot of Metal Really Fast.
    kayonsmit101 and zaphodx like this.