UI / graphical error

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Bgrmystr2, May 24, 2014.

1. Bgrmystr2

Bgrmystr2 Active Member

Played a bit of Galactic War. Awesome as hell. Then this.. thing happens. The outer UI breaks, my explorer.exe crashes, and it creates this little permanant number :
    With :
    [​IMG]
    And without mods :
    [​IMG]
    I searched through the latest build errors on the forums but couldn't find anything similar.

The weird thing about this is that when I select a different program and drag it over the top and side edges, it clears and shows PA's missing outer rim, whatever it should be showing at the time. Problem is, the rim's visuals don't update. It simply shows what it was at the time it was passed over, and that's it. It's strange considering this wasn't happening a mere hour beforehand. DxDiag attached. I'm using latest drivers and this is a completely fresh install of PA downloaded earlier today. Any suggestions?

Edit :
    Also, I have tried both monitors individually while the other was disabled as well as restarting pc and the game multiple times, and changing the resolution of monitors. All to no avail.

Attached Files:

2. Bgrmystr2

Bgrmystr2 Active Member

APPARENTLY my post would be "worth better" if it were stated the game is Full Screen Mode. The game is in fullscreen, IE there shouldn't be any outer bar at all. The bar-like features are not actually sidebars and do not belong to PA. By now the glitch has fixed itself by going into actual gameplay during Galactic War. I presume going into any game, GW or not, might have fixed it.

Full images are attached for any willing to go out of their way and "play wheres waldo" with the outer edges:
    20140524024818586.png 20140524022346642.png

Using Photo viewer and zooming into the original image I wanted to point out not only is the start bar visible on the right image, but there's two title bars that neither of which should be there in full screen :
    [​IMG]

At the bottom of this one, also zoomed in with Photo viewer, you can see a scroll bar at the right side and the task bar at the bottom.
    [​IMG]

No thanks to two I won't mention in particular. They know who they are. Is my post worth better now?

Edit :

Game did it again. If this isn't enough to show something's wrong with full screen, I don't know what is. Open in new tab for best effect :
    20140524184727193.png
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
  3. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I looking on your window borders and it's looks like Windows Aero is disabled, correct?

There is issue that borderless fullscreen not work properly if it's disabled: PA#3230
  4. Bgrmystr2

Bgrmystr2 Active Member

Borderless fullscreen does work for me normally, but sometimes when PA and/or explorer.exe crashes it creates this bug where fullscreen's outer walls fail and go missing, showing the border of whatever is behind it giving the appearance of window mode.

Edit :
    Using your fix from here, it created a red outline which is smaller, but still doesn't make the game full screen as it was before. I'll try enabling Aero later and check if that's my problem, but don't plan to keep it up even if it is the source. Looks terrible anyway.
    Last edited: May 24, 2014