Ubers Official Modding Wiki - Community Managed - Yes/No?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mkii, March 5, 2015.

?

Ubers Official Modding Wiki - Community Managed - Yes/No?

1. Yeap, sounds good

75.0%
  2. Nope

25.0%
  1. mkii

mkii New Member

I've noticed the modding documentation for PA is a bit all over the place, people seem to be asking what to do and where to go. I think it would be in Ubers best interests to setup a community maintained Wiki site.

This seems to be what most are using: mediawiki dot org/wiki/MediaWiki

Joomla for example run a community driven documentation initiative where anyone can add relevant information and it works quite well, least in my experience. Just Google "docs Joomla"

If anyone has opinions on this by all means post a reply thanks!
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I'd argue there sort of is inside of the modding subforum, one minute I'll go fetch a link.
  3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

You mean sort of like: http://pawiki.net
    :)
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Can't see the point of adding even more places where something useful might be.
    The big issue is that with every patch some things are changed and it is incredibly hard to keep a full documentation up to date.
    Everyone should just make the PA directory into a svn or git repository and use that to track changes to the files. The files themselves are quite readable.
  6. mkii

mkii New Member

Damn! Sorry I'm blind. Perhaps a more prominent link for people like me? Valid point about the frquent code base change. I was looking into the idea of adding a new tank and previous documentation had me at a loss, this was a number of months ago mind.