UBERs at it again

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Saint Mudknot, September 25, 2012.

1. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

Currently SMNC has had just about the same life length as MNC PC.

They announced that they have been working on an "Engine update that will advance the game." They also announced they will be working on Planetary Annihilation, and them making a new title is great, however its killing there population quickly. They have gone from 3000 players to 200 and less within about 2-3 months lol.

It seems UBER really has forgotten the fact they have a chance on the Xbox Live Arcade, but push to being knockoff PC everything. PA looks good but as for MNC they are killing it again.

They need to realize they are not a good PC Gaming company and return to the box with MNC2

thoughts?
  2. gunked

gunked New Member

I think they might release SMNC on xbox once the new dashboard comes out. Thats when F2P games will be hitting the game marketplace.
  3. igotbannedagain

igotbannedagain New Member

The PC engine update will be too little, too late. Sure, it will fix many of the issues that plagued the game since release, but things like that are not going to bring back the players they lost over the last year.
    A large problem is that this "shooter" they created can't be played like a standard shooter and most players have a hard time grasping that. SMNC caters to a very, very small market. When there are playability issues that cause players to move on, that's a huge deal. In many cases, you'll never see those players again - especially when you, as a company, just ignore the real issues and keep pumping out over-priced bullsh*t like skins and pros that sometimes cost upwards of $30.

It's a public relations thing, not an engine update thing. Upset customers aren't trying to spend money on stupid cosmetics for a game that has broken mechanics, ESPECIALLY if those issues are not being resolved or in many cases even acknowledged.

@Gunked, for the reasons stated above, I WILL NOT be playing SMNC if it makes it's way to Xbox. Will not.
  4. De Troll

De Troll New Member

^Mad.
  5. igotbannedagain

^Adopted
  6. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

Neither will I... LOL is my new heroin :shock:
    Is that for one pro?
  7. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Believe it or no PA is exactly what most of the team has done in the past. RTS's are what most of the team has developed in the past. I mean their kickstarter raised 2.2 million dollars.

If you read the PA forums you will see that many players are still huge fans and are still playing their past RTS's.
  8. igotbannedagain

@JAY, I think so. I know there is a user (kopikatsu I think) who has spent well over $500 on SMNC. I can't remember what I paid for the original, but I'm almost positive it wasn't quite that much.

@Stretch, first of all, I miss you bro! Second, out of curiosity, how many of these Uber folks have experience dealing with customers?
  9. donut7577

donut7577 Active Member

Most expensive pro is 10 bucks...which is ridiculous compared to older pros like Assault being $2.

Either way, I won't be playing SMNC until Uber quits listening to those out for easy solo stomping and disallowing teams from playing. =)
  10. igotbannedagain

I stand corrected. Doesn't change a thing though. Eff that Ess.
  11. De Troll

De Troll New Member

I want MNC2 NOW! >:[
  12. donut7577

donut7577 Active Member

MNC and SMNC died quickly. Why would they make another MNC ever?
  13. teapot

teapot Post Master General

MNC on console is still alive... so that didn't die quickly at all. The forums are dead, but PC's MNC and SMNC died. Uber made some decisions for F2P PC that some say was smart, but hurt their community. They lost a lot of revenue from console players, which I'm pretty sure had over 100,000 sales.

MNC 2 would be a huge success if it was done right and targeted the already big fanbase that purchased the original game. There are hundreds of mobas, and hundred of shooters, It's easier to break through on a shooter based moba than a moba based shooter in my opinion. Had this game had support and wasn't done by a small dev, I could have easily seen it gain momentum in terms of competitive play.

Personally, I think this game is more enjoyable to watch and play than Team Fortress 2, but they still have rather big tournaments.

I think we all want MNC 2 rather than SMNC, since they strayed way too far from the original feeling the first game provided. Sure the themes and characters are the same, but SMNC Turbocross doesn't even seem to play like MNC did.
  14. igotbannedagain

Please change thread title to:

UBERs still at it

Thanks.
  15. De Troll

De Troll New Member

I heard that MNC sold 100,000 copies in its first month, and I believe it. The game was extremely active until the release of Halo Reach and after the release of the Spunky DLC. It still has a dedicated fanbase and tens of thousands of people who would buy the sequel.
  16. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

I remember when Uberent used to be known as the company who created that awesome tower-defense shooter called Monday Night Combat. That game was pretty unique and stood out from all the other puzzle XBLA games that plagued the marketplace.

Now Uber's making a RTS game. A PC RTS game, which there are dozen's of scattered throughout the PC shitverse. Congratulations on blending in with the crowd, Uber. For a second I thought you we're actually giving us something new.
  17. teapot

teapot Post Master General

my guess is that they are just trying to make what they've always wanted to make. They obviously aren't in it for the money which I can't tell is good or bad. I can't tell if they're banking on MNC and SMNC fans to help support PA or not, but I can tell they're not looking to support their previous games, or the community they brought in.

SMNC may or may not sell better on console than MNC did, but I'd bet that it would have more purchases than its PC counterpart, even if it was 1200 or 1600 points.
  18. vI Snack Iv

vI Snack Iv New Member

It's bad.
  19. vI Snack Iv

vI Snack Iv New Member

Sorry for the double post
  20. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

If MNC and SMNC was only made to fund PA, why put effort and love into either game? Half of me hopes that PA burns and crumbles into the ground in a black and charry mess. But the other half hopes they get successful off this game, realize that they have two (three if you count PC MNC) other crowds of fans that they've forgotten.
    iammclovin117 likes this.