Uber new games development

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by codythomas14, June 3, 2017.

?

Does anyone else this this is a good idea?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. codythomas14

codythomas14 New Member

Hey everyone,

I've been playing PA now for quite a while, I got onboard quite early. Mostly because as a kid I played Total Annihilation, and this was like the ultimate reboot of everything I wanted it to become. AND IT WAS! AND I LOVE IT!

I'm just wondering now that PA has cooled off, where are you going next Uber? I see Wayward Sky, and it looks Great, don't get me wrong. But you have the ability to do so much more with the platform you made for PA. The Human Resources game you tried out on kick start looked amazing, I guess that was what I was expecting from Uber, something EPIC. I wish it went through...

Anyways, as I end my ramble of the day, I was reading something online today that brought me back to an old God game called "Black and White". Anyone remember that? The old God games back in the day were amazing, and still have somewhat of a cult-following. And it hit me, how amazing would it be if Uber took the PA Platform and made a God Game out of it?

I hope a developer for Uber reads this, and thinks it's as good of an idea as I do,

Anyways, I'm going to close the crap-chute that is my mouth now, or at least the imaginary voice in your head that's reading this to you.
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. roadkillgrill

roadkillgrill Active Member

3. codythomas14

codythomas14 New Member

Yeah, looks somewhat decent. I'll probably stay away though, as I am not into the VR scene (yet... Probably never will be.)

I dunno, There is a huge market for reboots of classic games out there, much like what Uber done with PA. Total Annihilation was a game that was much loved, and everyone couldn't wait to see how PA would carry on the torch.

Look at Lionhead for example, they're dead and gone now, bought up by Microsoft only to get the axe. The question in my mind is, who will be the next generation of geniuses to build the future of God games? PA is a lot like a God Game, when it comes to the sand-box like freedom of building solar systems, and having enormous battles on a planet wide scale. But it's machines, thereby lacking the "Devine-ness" of a God game.
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

codythomas14 likes this.
  5. codythomas14

codythomas14 New Member

Yes, I've had my eye on Universim now for quite some time, looks somewhat promising. Although from the trailers, I seriously doubt it'll be the "Classic" God game, where you build cities and massive temples, have worshippers, heal people, perform miracles, throw lightning from the sky, etc.

More of the "Evolutionary" God game, then a "Divinity-driven" God game.

Then again, I hated having a huge creature in Black & White, it was somewhat annoying always keeping it in check.
  6. emmanuelzl

emmanuelzl New Member

The Universim is said to be a god game but i would more call it a city/planet builder with god powers, as it isnt really aiming to be a "god game." Dont get me wrong it looks incredibly promising and i will probaly buy it once it gets a little further into development.