Uber Entertainment: The hype, the awesome, and the gratitude.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mered4, September 4, 2014.

1. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

First off, thank you, Uber, for making this game. It's friggin' fantastic.

Now, for the rest of you. This thread is meant to be a love-in for Uber. Hit 'em with everything positive you got. They should be in tears.

[​IMG]

Murica.
  2. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

PA is the single most inspirational game I've seen in the last seven years, and you've done an exceptionally fine job with it.

Thank you, Uber!
    EdWood, Remy561 and shootall like this.
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

4. welshenzie

welshenzie Member

In addition to the epicness that is the game, one of the best things has been how Uber have been so community focused. Posting on the forum, appearing in videos, interacting with everyone. Its really made it feel like we're all involved in how the game grows and develops rather than just waiting for a faceless entity to post patch notes. A fantastic grounding that should lead to an incredible community for the full release. Much love!
    shootall likes this.
  5. mered4

pizwitch, shootall, drz1 and 2 others like this.
  6. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

okay... :(

Thanks Uber! Love ya! (no homo)
  7. daTomas

daTomas Member

Thank you Uber!

You've made a great game and 17 years later my passion for TA games is still very much on.

Planetary Annihilation is truly a great successor of TA and SupCom.
    shootall and drz1 like this.
  8. lizard771

lizard771 Well-Known Member

PA destroyed all my motivation to play other RTS games...god damnit!
    When I play something like CoH for instance, I just slowly cringe back to PA. Because 'xplosions 'n' stuff.
    Probably a good sign.
    drz1 and adoghost like this.
  9. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

I am writing a lengthy review of PA for a book called Videogame Art. PA is the third game on my list of best games ever, and hands down the best RTS that exists.
    Remy561, shootall, optimi and 3 others like this.
  10. pizwitch

pizwitch Active Member

Thank you Uber! <3
    shootall likes this.
  11. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

Uber, I have not been playing this game for that long, I was not there during the kickstarter, not during alpha, not during the beta, but I managed to atleast get into the gamma. I ahve not played TA or SupCom, I actually found out about these games for first time by looking in these forums. I´ve played age of empires (3), and i´ve been playing other awesome games. I regret not being part of this game earlier, this awesome fantastical ubery rts game of ALL TIME (that i´ve played) and this game, what you made it, just to describe it with a pic totally from google pictures;
    [​IMG]
    THIS GAME IS LEGITEMATELY AND OFFICIALLY AWESOME
    LUV YOU UBER AND LOVE THIS GAME!
    And lastly, the most awesome awesome pic of awesomeness:
    upload_2014-9-4_20-52-44.jpeg
    (Totally not by me)
    shootall likes this.
  12. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

I still have many wishes and hopes for this game.

That is because it's the best, most ambitious RTS in years, and I know the dev team are a truly talented and clever bunch of guys.

Fabulous work, Uber.
    mered4 and drz1 like this.
  13. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

No matter what you think of the game by now, there is no doubt that it will change the way we view RTS games forever. SPHERES4LIFE
    shootall and squishypon3 like this.
  14. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

10/10

"It way okay" -IGN.
    tatsujb, shootall, drz1 and 2 others like this.
  15. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

I remember looking at the concept video for kickstarter and instantly falling in love with the idea, some months later I buy the game just before the gamma was released and loved it even more. Love what you have done with this game, Ecstatic with what what you guys are doing right now, and can't wait for the future
    shootall likes this.
  16. fiouch_hr

fiouch_hr New Member

I would like to say a few things about the game.
    First of all, I think that a lot of what was promised has been delivered upon, but there is still a lot of work to be done post-release.

I really like what Über has done with Planetary Annihilation. Alas, I am afraid that the game might get some bad reviews if performance, server lag and balance issues aren't fixed very soon (before or few days after release) or else we'll see a massive drop in player base pretty soon after release. It runs pretty much fine on my high-end PC but it runs sluggish on my laptop which usually plays most other games just fine. It isn't even the FPS that is bad, it is constant lags especially when first loading maps and when big explosion occur (I usually just don't see them. Sometimes they show, and in replays they show up smoothly, just first occurrence of explosion lags; smells like caching issue).

I've been playing Über's games for some time now and I've always enjoyed them. MNC was my favourite game for a while, even played SMNC for a while but it's very much a different game compared to MNC and I personally think that MNC is a better game but that's besides the point now. Why am I mentioning these past games? I've installed them both today and MNC has but one server online, ONE! Or at least that's what server browser showed. In SMNC I saw that 600 players were online which isn't that bad, but consider it's a free to play game, it should be much higher. Still, I haven't managed to get a game going, too long matchmaking time with such low player base.

Here's hoping to that PA doesn't die in 1 or 2 years like MNC ands SMNC did. I had high hopes for PA, still have them and a lot of my expectations have been fulfilled. I still think that the game is getting released a few months too soon.

We'll see how it goes, best of luck to Über, it is clear that this is their passion project and I hope it succeeds and we see it grow into an even bigger game over the years :)
  17. mered4

The word of the day was positive, not "questionable text wall"

flouch pls?
  18. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Despite my thoughts on naval and offline, I still love what Uber managed to make here.

It's easily the most exciting and innovative thing to happen to the RTS genre since... well, the genre's conception. It's extremely fun to play and there's just something so incredibly satisfying about see your commander go from a small base in the middle of nowhere to a massive military complex spanning over multiple planets with teleportation networks, tanks, bots and planes moving every which way, nuclear missiles ready to ruin someone's day, it's all just so great.
    drz1 and optimi like this.
  19. fiouch_hr

fiouch_hr New Member

You can't post only positive stuff, concerns have to be put forward.
    tehtrekd likes this.
  20. nickste88

nickste88 Member

I wanna thank the Uber team what they haf made, i am a real RTS game fan like supcom and C and C, age of empires.
    The bad part is RTS games died a long time aggo, and you guys managed not just bring back classic RTS games back in the picture but you guys also gone beyond limits !!!
    Who would haf thought about it multi planets ? its like more maps in one game !
    Realy i love what you did there ... i cant describe in words what i think about the game you guys made !

Best of luck from Nick out of the tiny country Holland :D
    shootall likes this.