Uber cannon: Auto fire vs manual fire.

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by Tontow, February 28, 2014.

1. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

Should the Uber cannon be an auto fire weapon like the other weapons or should we keep it manual like it is now or have a toggle?
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Since it consumes energy, manual.
    Quitch and zweistein000 like this.
  3. bmb

bmb Well-Known Member

Lots of things use energy when firing but aren't on manual.

The commander is a special unit though, and the ugun is there purely for the defense of this most important one. That is why it should be manual.
  4. sirmantron

sirmantron Active Member

I guess you could have a toggle seeing as its the alt fire, but I'd prefer sticking to manual usage.
  5. Ortikon

Ortikon Active Member

Agreed completely, especially as the headpiece of your army/ representation of the player. You should be keeping an eye on it and be in manual control of your commander in battle. It should not be an ubercannon defense tower.
    It also adds a touch of skill requirement on commander vs commander dueling in the event that it happens. Two commanders in auto fire is very unfulling and relying heavily on who had the charge first.
  6. godde

godde Well-Known Member

If autofire also means that the commander can fire on the move it changes balance as well.
    You can queue up several ubercannon shots by holding shift.
  7. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

Auto > Micro.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  8. Tiller

Tiller Active Member

So I'm confused how the uber cannon functions with power drain. How much power does take to get off a shot? It seems to fluctuate.
  9. godde

godde Well-Known Member

It drains 10000 after it have fired to reload.
  10. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

As long there is a maximum fire rate I am fine with manual - this is not Street Fighter after all. Would prefer a toggle, though.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  11. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

If factories have an infinite build mode, the Uber Cannon should have an infinite fire mode. Besides that, a "toggle" means just that, by default it is off.

I think I would rather play the game without mods than play the game with micro-intensive-ubercannon. I don't use it much, but when I do use it, I prefer dos equis... but no, seriously, it drives me to drinking. If I am forced to use it, I regret letting the situation occur where it became necessary, and I weigh into consideration the option that I just not use it and let them kill the damn commander already.
    vyolin likes this.
  12. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

if we automate everything we will not be left with a game to play.
  13. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

Well it's lucky I'm only advocating we automate the Uber Cannon in this instance isn't it? :rolleyes:
    vyolin likes this.