Two instances of PA

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Clopse, August 11, 2014.

1. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

After my holidays I am no longer able to run two instances of PA. I have 2 accounts which I like I use to test builds and units but now it won't allow me. I get an error that says something like "close all instances of pa....." When I try log into my second account.

I'm guessing this is intentional but is there a workaround or is this type of testing now obsolete?
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Still works on OS X, but the file setup is pretty different. I usually launch on via the .app, and one via a script that call the binary directly with an alternate localstore. I believe it will not launch two instances of the .app.
    Clopse likes this.
  3. Clopse

Sorry yeah I'm on windows. Wonder if trying a steam one will work.
  4. wondible

wondible Post Master General

They are separate copies for me. So is PTE, though for this it's only useful when it's the same as stable. For that matter, making a copy of PA (or maybe even just the .exe) might work.
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Do you start via pa.exe or via the uber launcher? I've successfully done this kind of 2 account thing a few days ago at least. I use 2 copies of PA and start via pa.exe
    Clopse likes this.
  6. Clopse

Yeah used the launcher for both. I'll try the pa.exe when I get home. Cheers.