Twitch keeps cutting out

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by unimatrx, March 6, 2014.

1. unimatrx

unimatrx New Member

Hi all,

I'm trying to stream PA using the ingame twitch options, but my stream regularly cuts out. In twitch it says loading, and when i go into the settings (inside PA) i'm logged out from twitch.

Does anybody else have these same issues? or better yet does anybody know a solution, or atleast what could cause this problem?
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

That'd probably be an internet connection issue.

What's your upload like?
  3. unimatrx

unimatrx New Member

upload speed is 5.7 Mb/s according to speedtest.net (megabit ofc.)

I used obs this afternoon and it had no issues (except for lower fps than when i use ingame twitch support)
  4. puppeh

puppeh Member

I haven't yet tried Twitch streaming from PA, but recently I had the same problem streaming with Shadowplay, where it would record for maybe 30 - 60 secs before dropping out, and then the video saved on my twitch channel had loads of missing frames as if it was playing in fast-forward. whereas I had previously streamed the same game fine. I will try out the PA streaming at some point and see if I get the same issue.
  5. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

5.7? That's pretty good.

Weird...

Have you encountered this issue with a third party app? If you encounter this with the third party, then it's a twitch/internet issue. If you don't encounter it, then it's PA.
  6. unimatrx

unimatrx New Member

I've only streamed a couple of hours over all, so my frame of reference is too small have any meaningful insights.

I streamed using coh2 ingame twitch support, without issue.
    I streamed using PA ingame twitch support, about 2 - 3 hours without problems and a couple hours where it keeps cutting out.

totday i did 1 test with obs and that seemed to work. (then again one half hour game doesn't tell me anything)

I will just keep trying untill i find the problem or a workaround. I have to say though I do like the elegance of ingame twitch support, cudos to Uber, and Metabolical in particular

ps. thanks for the replies
    Last edited: March 6, 2014
  7. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Thanks for the message, dude. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
  8. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

The stream quality comes out pretty bad for me, but I'm on wifi so it is probably that.
  9. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Nah, I tend to find that in-game integrated Twitch gives lower quality than external recording programs.

I honestly haven't tried the in-game functionality yet, I may give it a shot tonight in the name of bug testing.
  10. puppeh

puppeh Member

I just tested the in game streaming for the last couple hours and it seemed to be fine. The only issue I seemed to have was when I tried switching off the streaming option in the settings, and on my twitch channel the video stopped playing after the stream delay, but the channel still showed constantly as Live with a message saying 'Loading video'. I left it like this for a while, and my channel didn't change to Offline until I exited PA.

I also then tested Shadowplay streaming to twitch using a different game, and that still completely failed for me in the same way I mentioned above.

I don't suppose there could ever be the option of only transmitting in game sounds? Sometimes I sit on ventrilo with friends chatting rubbish, and wouldn't necessarily want that broadcast to Twitch.
  11. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Unfortunately we don't have much control over how twitch streams anyway.
  12. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

I can be on 8+ M/bit and Twitch is still rubbish for me because they don't have any AU servers! :mad: