Turrets on top of turrets?

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Tripod27, February 15, 2015.

1. Tripod27

Tripod27 Active Member

I'm making a megabot for Stuart's mod, and would really like the thing to have multiple turrets on it's body that all rotate independently. I know naval units have multiple turrets, but with the upper torso already being it's own turret, would the other turrets on the torso (turret on top of turret, offset from center of rotation) move with the torso and work properly or would they (or their effects) just stay stuck in the "torso facing forward" position and not move around with the torso when it looks left or right?

I haven't gone into the rigging yet, but I'd rather know now if it will or won't work then after I already made all the turrets and shaped the torso to have places to put them
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

It can work but you might have some difficulties with making an anim-tree. The rigging part is fairly easy imo (I made a new Giant tank and upgraded the leveler model for Ant4Lyf T3 units) you just have to make the bone hierarchy.

So yes, it's possible.
    Tripod27 likes this.
  3. Tripod27

Tripod27 Active Member

Alright, another different question but I figured I'd save making another thread...

Can you give reload animations to units? For example tanks have recoil effects on their barrels, can we extend that effect to have the back of a large cannon open up, and a little fab gun from behind a panel pop out and fabricate a new shell for it? (it'll be a decently long reload)