Turret Endorsments

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by tezmac, September 21, 2010.

1. tezmac

tezmac New Member

I was thinking, would it be a good suggestion to have an Endorsment for turrets, where you can select an endorsment for a custom class which is turret specific.

You could select your preferred turret, for example Laser, and then select one of various endorsments:-
    RATE OF FIRE / SLOWDOWN INCREASE (FOR AURA TURRET)
    DAMAGE PER SHOT
    ARMOR
    ACCURACY
    HEALTH RECOVERY
    RANGE OF TURRET

This endorsment would then only come into play when you upgrade a turret to level 3, and would basically improve the turret by the endosment selected by a further 10%

So if I selected LASER BLAZER / DAMAGE PER SHOT this would mean that any time i upgrade a LB turret to level 3, the endorsment is activated.

This would make people more prepared to upgrade turrets to level 3 (I think so anyway).
  2. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

I don't like it. I don't like the idea of the game favoring veterans who got in on the ground floor and destroying noobs who are just getting use to the abilities, bunny hopping, aiming, juice, and yada yada yada. Now you add in all these extras and it is more to learn while they slaughtered by more experienced players, so they don't have fun and never play again.
  3. tezmac

tezmac New Member

True, I suppose, as you would need to get to your first Custom Class to make this effective.

However I do feel that this game is supposed to be about the turrets, or at least a large part of the game, and yet there is not enough in the game to really promote them.
  4. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

Yeah, I agree, and I like where you are coming from. But I'm a big fan of keep it simple.
  5. VawnOTheDawn

VawnOTheDawn New Member

I like the concept, but I'm not sure this is the best way to go about it. They definitely do need more variety in the turrets.
  6. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

Also, you can't have turrets being too powerful. I think the pros should be the ultimate weapons. And be forces to think on their feet. If each team has unstoppable turrets, then the game can't be won.
  7. Shammas

Shammas New Member

They wouldn't be unstoppable, just a little better. ATM, there isn't a great need to build turrets. They are easily disposed of unless hacked and usually end up being a waste of money due to juiced players tearing through them. It would be a good idea to just add a 4th "Turret" perk to give the player's turret a small boost.
  8. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

Or possibly getting rid of juice.
  9. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

I like the idea of endorsements, but unless it's a fourth dedicated slot, I can't see using it.

This could be a good idea, though.
  10. tezmac

tezmac New Member

I really think something needs to be introduced to the Turrets to make them a popular choice to build. To me this is the obvious way forward.
  11. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Either this or an overall turret buff.
  12. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

Don't default loadouts already come with default endorsments? They could just add another endorsement to each one. I kinda like this idea. There might be a better way, but this is one of the best ones I've seen (other than weakening the juice).
  13. OoPpEe1985

OoPpEe1985 New Member

I am for this idea - it as a 4th Endorsment could easily apply to all default classes as a Armor upgrade (and this itself would also BUFF turrets by default)
    Then people with custom classes could do different things like Range/Damage/RoF/Healing (auto-heals slowly OR heals quicker via Support)

Would be a nice addition in my eyes. If you get a great team together with the right mixed classes AND turret boost it would make the game more unique.

One issue that could arise though is the Supports hack - it would have to be looked at as it could make for overpowered turrets with right combo and could make certain turrets nulled out as each is used for a different purpose. So each turret would have to have the endorsements applied differently (a high damage turret shouldnt deal as much damage as a Rocket in Damage per second)
  14. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

Oh yeah, I can see it now. Picture a level 3 rocket turret with a level 3 hack and a rate of fire endorsement. Hilarity and brokenness ensues.
  15. tezmac

tezmac New Member

True this is someting the devs would have to look at first!!
  16. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

In another thread I asked for a buff for turrets.....

I suggested turrets get buffs in overtime. Why not give turrets bacon too? Super crazy turrets would make overtime "interesting".
  17. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

I like it, except... It defeats the purpose of the endorsements during overtime, seeing as turrets don't have different levels of endorsements. But if the endorsements stack...
  18. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

i always thought juice should just not do as much damage to turrets. i hate the fact that an assassin can fire shurikens into bots for a minute and then that warrants the ability to tear down all of our turrets in a matter of seconds.
  19. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

I would just decrease the ease of getting juice universally, if it were up to me. Put a timer on the juice dispenser and lessen the amount of juice everyone gets per hit. Then it would feel like a real accomplishment to be able to raid your opponent.
  20. MikeLanglois

MikeLanglois New Member

If someone saves up the necessary $1400 ($1950 for supports hack) then they should be able to build a level 3 rocket turret with a level 3 hack and rof endorsement.

Airstrikes/smoke bombs/team co-ordination will always kill turrets.