Tug-of-War Crossfire Gametype Idea.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by TheJustinIsALie, August 16, 2010.

1. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

I know what your thinking "Not another pointless idea thread" but hear me out, I have an idea for a gametype but it's more of a modified Crossfire map hence the name Tug-of-War Crossfire. I have some simple images to help give you the idea of what the map would look like.

Tug-of-War Crossfire
    Ok so it starts the match with:
    • 6 vs 6
      1 hour time limit, 30 min overtime.
      1 Hotshots Money Ball
      1 Icemen Money Ball

1 Hotshots Mini Ball
      1 Icemen Mini Ball
      1 neutral Mini Ball
    (Mini Balls are a smaller, weaker version of the Money Balls.)

At the start both teams rush to be the first to burst the neutral Mini Ball. The neutral Mini Ball's shields are down at the start and all others have their shields up.
    [​IMG]
    The 2 balls on the far left and right are the Money Balls and the three center balls are the Mini Balls. The semi-circles behind the 2 Mini Balls are the Pros and Bots current spawn points, These spawn points will change when a Mini Ball bursts.

The first to burst the neutral Mini Ball will become the owner of it and your spawn points will move forward, Making it your new base.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, The Hotshots spawn has moved to their new base and are now the owner of what use to be the neutral Mini Ball.

The 2 opposing Mini Balls will always have their shields down (It's never safe and is vulnerable to sneak attacks, So playing defense and building turrets is a good idea.)

If the Icemen burst the Hotshots Mini Ball their spawns will move forward and will become owner of any turrets remaining in that base. (Same for the Hotshots.)
    [​IMG]
    When one team has pushed forward and owns all the Mini Balls they have to rely on their Bots to bring the enemy Money Balls shields down like normal, This gives the team in trouble an opportunity to burst the enemies Mini Ball to make their Money Ball safe once again. (But at the risk of leaving their base un-defended.)
    [​IMG]
    When the Bots have breached the shields the Pros can damage the Money Ball, When the Money Ball bursts they win the match. (The enemy can still burst the Mini Ball making their Money Ball safe, but once again at the risk of leaving their base un-defended.)

Extra notes:
    Core gameplay is the same.
    This is aimed at more hardcore gamers as opposed to the regular casual 2 min Crossfire.
    When it's overtime, Money Balls shields are down regardless of Mini Ball positions.
    Juice and Hazards are located around Mini Ball bases.
    When a Money Balls shields are down they do not go back up until a Mini Ball bursts.
    Assassin would play a bigger part in Money Ball destruction by being a sneak Mini Ball attacker.

Let me know what you think, Add ideas or ask questions if I wasn't clear on something.
    Feel free to tell me the good/bad things. I would like to know what Uber thinks of the idea.

TL;DR
    Basically a Crossfire Tug-of-War with 5 Money Balls, Push until you burst the enemies last Ball.

Supporters (be sure to make your post clear if your supporting the idea)
    • Tawpgun
      The_Jx4
      KamkaziChicila
      PuRe x MaGiCkZ x
      OverallNothing
      AssassinsGoneWild
      Veruca
      N0NEoftheAB0VE
      Ninseph
      Josephs16
      SenorPancake
      Rawdell210
      DeadStretch
      ikickrocksyo
      nopecakoo
      MrMusikal
      Monty
      Faulty46
      Gern3r
      Slatts
      morventhus
      StriderHoang
      bunnelz
      Chosen Predator
      D3C3P7AKONZ
      Superslayer22
      cazoofoo
      Alecvgamer
      xTHE MEAT
      wickedxtheboss
      Galcian420
      WithVengence
      mainvity1
      marcotte
      tezmac
      JAYSOFACTON

Attached Files:

Last edited: December 7, 2010
  2. Scout_Trooper

Scout_Trooper New Member

What would happen if the Icemen took the hotshot starting mini ball or neutral ball when the arena is like this

[​IMG]
    Last edited: August 16, 2010
  3. Scout_Trooper

Scout_Trooper New Member

sorry for the huge image i dont know how to shrink it
  4. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

5. Scout_Trooper

Scout_Trooper New Member

6. Tawpgun

Tawpgun New Member

Excellent idea. It's like Land Grab/Domination with monday night combat.
  7. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

I like this.
  8. KamkaziChicila

KamkaziChicila New Member

awsome idea would be really cool to play!
  9. PuRe x MaGiCkZ x

PuRe x MaGiCkZ x New Member

Love the idea +1 definately. Make it that you can only take the closest moneyball
    e.g. hotshots hold 1, 2 and 3 icemen hold 4 and 5, hotshots can only take 4 and icemen can only take 3.
  10. OverallNothing

OverallNothing New Member

I like it but have some problems with it. If I understand correctly the bots spawn at each of the new miniball bases but are only used to take down the normal moneyball, so I guess I dont understand why they would spawn before your at the last miniball. My only other problem with this idea is that I could see people not building turrets anywhere other that their normal moneyball when their in trouble, because unless you build a long shot the turret will be useless and a waste of money when you move up and even if you spend the time building a turret if you lose the base you would basicly have spent your money on helping the other team.

For the most part though I like the idea, different but still monday night combat
  11. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

One thing that might help prevent Assassins from simply taking down the Moneyballs is to give each Moneyball a progressive shield increase/decrease. In the above example you have 5 total Moneyball locations so the idea is to have the Moneyballs at the following starting shield values 100%|75% until captured then 25%|0% until captured then 50%|75% until captured then 25%|100%. In this manner the defending team always has an advantage to make up for the fact that the offensive team is spawning closer to their base.

So according to your example the center Moneyball starts at 0%. When one team captures it the shield goes to 50% and the next progressive Moneyball they are attacking is 75% (so the defenders have an advantage). If the defenders take down the center Moneyball then they get it at 50% and the next one they are attacking has 75%. If the defenders lose their 75% Moneyball then they are forced to defend their 100% Moneyball while the attackers have a 25% Moneyball.

The only issues are how to handle turrets that are built in previous bases and something to block the line-of-sight from an older base into a new area (to stop Snipers from camping far away and Gunners from using Mortars from a safe position). Other than that the idea is a progressive version of Crossfire. Personally I'd use the number of Moneyballs captured as a way to determine the winner (if neither home base Moneyball is destroyed) and in the example of a tie the next team to capture a Moneyball wins (giving the advantage to the first team to capture one). This would eliminate any OT antics.
  12. TheJustinIsALie

If the Icemen took the Hotshots active Mini Ball the arena will look like this:

Their Money Ball will be safe with shields again and will own the Mini Ball they just destroyed.

You can only destroy a Mini Ball opposite to your current Ball, You can't rush a Ball with the shields up.
    Yep, Thats the idea. You can only take the enemies ball closest to your current ball.
    When you take a ball Bots will start coming from that loction. This is to help defend yourself from any remaining enemy Bots or Pros, If you capture it and are killed by a Bot or something it will be recaptured by the enemies so spawning the Bots is to give you a fighting chance.

The turrets is tricky, I see what you mean but I was thinking the turret nubs will be positioned next to the ball so rushing will get you killed unless you destroy the turrets. Maybe it would be a better idea to make turrets not capture-able, I think that would prevent any rush tactics. Needs a little more thought I guess.
    The idea of no shields was to give Assassins a little more usefulness to Money Ball destruction and convince people to build turrets, The Assassin currently has no purpose attacking the Money Ball unless it's with juice during overtime. Maybe needs more thought though.

I'm sure any maps will have clever level designs preventing snipers camping so far away, There will probably be safe turret nub locations and nubs in plain sight making you chose turret locations wisely.

Attached Files:

• map2.png
      map2.png
      File size:
      52.7 KB
      Views:
  13. AssassinsGoneWild

AssassinsGoneWild New Member

Love this idea.
  14. Veruca

Veruca New Member

This is actually a very detailed and well thought over idea. If this ever gets released as DLC, it would be an instant-buy for me. So you can jot my name down on the supporter's list. ;)
  15. N0NEoftheAB0VE

N0NEoftheAB0VE New Member

I like that idea - seems a bit like Hydro in TF2 though more linear, where you'e fighting over two points at a time, very cool!
  16. TheJustinIsALie

Should I compile a supporters list? Might become official if it's very popular.
  17. PuRe x MaGiCkZ x

PuRe x MaGiCkZ x New Member

Definately lets see if we can get enough supporters to get this game mode turned into DLC
  18. TheJustinIsALie

Ok I will edit the first post with the supporters.
  19. Ninseph

Ninseph New Member

I support this, it sounds realy fun and crossfire feels to short.
  20. TheJustinIsALie

Bump!

Sorry, I felt that not many people had a look at it.