TRIBES!!

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by DeceptiveAlarm, April 29, 2011.

1. DeceptiveAlarm

DeceptiveAlarm New Member

The granddaddy of tactical fps is back. They are releasing more photos and info at 5000 facebook likes. plzthx

www.tribesuniverse.com
  2. lolcat

lolcat New Member

3. DeceptiveAlarm

Their making 2 games Tribes Universe wich is a MMOFPS they haven't said much about it. Ascend is a fps like the original and it will be xbox and pc.
  4. velo

velo New Member

FYI, the lead designer of Tribes 1/2 has actually been working on Firefall. It's looking really nice, too.. even if they haven't shown the big multiplayer modes yet. I'm looking forward to this more than stuff like Ascend.
  5. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

As a major Starsiege: Tribes fan, I am looking forward to this, but after so many failed remakes my hopes are not so high.

Instead, I will just remake it myself once I finish my current game engine.

L. Spiro
  6. DeceptiveAlarm

After Vengeance I think we are all skeptical. I am however trying to remain positive. I have been playing T2 from www.tribesnext.com to shake the dust off. There is always one base server with 30-50 people in it and a few others depending on time and day. I'ts free so what the heck. Tribes 1 has been taken over by the LT guys so I stay away from it.
  7. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

Not at all. I run the =Argh's!= Duel servers.
    You could always go duel.

Play LT and you will just get accused of hacks. It is really pathetic.
    If you think duel is not your thing, try out Team Duel. New version of Duel that is tons more exciting.

I can even give you admin for a while. Wow!

L. Spiro
  8. DeceptiveAlarm

What day and times are you guys usually on? I never really see anyone on. I'm est. time zone I don't know if thats why.
  9. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

Were you playing heavily prior to February?
    I quit the game to play Monday Night Combat and have not played since February.

But the people in this community are absolutely retarded and the useful moderators are gone so I may just return to Starsiege: Tribes.

If you want to schedule a game I can play. 3-day holiday in Japan now so any time is good. I play as |5150| RaVeN.

L. Spiro
  10. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

The community is retarded? HEY!

...only half of us are.
  11. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

But you cant use the word us because you are not in the retarded half.
    And also I am from Kansas.

L. Spiro
  12. Llamatron

Llamatron New Member

13. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

THAT MAKES LIKE 5 KANSANS THAT PLAY THIS GAME. HOLY POOP.
  14. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

I played it and like with every other remake was left feeling empty. It just does not capture the heart of the original.

Actually right now I am not really feeling a strong need to play any game as I have so much happening in real life (everyone keeps calling this dramadoes that mean they dont know what real life is, or just dont know what it means to have a real life that is more exciting/fun than a game?), but I will be down for a few scheduled games.

That applies to Legions: Overdrive as well.
    I wont play it on my own but if we want to specifically get a game going I will join.

L. Spiro
  15. DeceptiveAlarm

I have been playing again since maybe November. I used to play shifter competitively around 2000 to 02. I played MNC from release but got bored. I know of 5150 but what tribes player doesn't. Never got in to base till now because that's all that is left for the most part.
    I tried to play legions, really wanted to like it but i just don't. I keep checking thier blog to see if they add turrets or something for depth.
    I'm really not to good at base yet, but with 2 kids and a wife I can't play like when I was 18. When Ascend comes out maybe I'll ask for a layoff and see how long I can sit at home before the wife divorces me lol. If you want to set a game up though I will do my best to give you a challenge just let me know.
  16. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

A layoff and divorce. Thats the spirit! Only a true gamer goes down that road.

Dont worry about giving me a hard time. I hardly remember the keys.
    I have a feeling it will start off pretty evenly.

L. Spiro
  17. DeceptiveAlarm

I played your server today. There was 7 or 8 people in it good times.
  18. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

Still plenty of people playing daily.
    Game is very much alive though people think it is dead.

L. Spiro
  19. DeceptiveAlarm

I can't wait for Ascend just to see a whole list of full servers again. I miss all the options that used to be there. You can still get a game anytime but your stuck with whats available.
  20. DeceptiveAlarm