Tribes: Ascend General - When will you ever SHAZBOT?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by criticalage, April 4, 2012.

1. criticalage

criticalage Active Member

So I unlocked Infiltrator and I'm having the time of my life. Just hiding in the enemy base, killin' em' one by one. I'm thinking of a heavy class to unlock. I did alright with Juggernaut. Should I try out Brute or Doombringer next?

Also share anything you got against this game.
  2. HiipFire

HiipFire Active Member

mehh.
  3. killien

killien Active Member

Doombie SaberLauncher can't be dumb-fired, smart people rarely stay in the air long enough to let you lock and I haven't seen a vehicle in a while(like it matters, for an antivehicle weapon the Saber is drek)

I don't even play T:A anymore unless a patch comes out, then it's about 3-4 matches before I get sick of HiRez's inability to optimize worth a damn
    I can easily keep 80fps, but then out of nowhere it lags down like mad. Fraps says 50fps, but feels more like 15 and it happens everywhere. Out in the open, in buildings, even the tunnels under DryDock

On top of that it's boring. Every match I've been in since getting into the T:A beta back in November has been mostly groups trolling the Gen room, people derping about as sniper, and 1 guy screaming away with the flag at 250+

Almost forgot, half the time if you have the flag and you're being chased, nobody bothers to try to kill you. They just chase as Pathfinder and spam concussion nades
  4. Coverop

Coverop New Member

Another Shazbot.

I prefer to hold XP for something... better like perks or upgrades.
    I wonder how many people play this game.
  5. criticalage

Well, I've been avoiding Tribes:Ascend like the plague and I just started two days ago because I thought "Oh gee it's just another shooter- Wait... You can go fast?" and a Lenin talked me to trying it out, so I did. Turned out to be a load of fun. Even the automated voices especially. Everyone chimes in on that like there's no tomorrow and it hurts my sides. Then I find ragers who take the game so seriously and my team replies to him through the voices at the same time, "WHEN WILL YOU EVER LEARN?" and the guy just gets so mad in return.

So I've been alternating between this game and here. However when the patch comes by... Goodbye Shazbot. An alternative game to breeze along when SMNC gives me the down syndrome.
  6. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

spawn, spinjump to 200, fly to enemy flag, drop disco nade, airshot noob pathfinder, drop disco nade, airshot noob doombringer, drop disco nade, die, repeat

topfrags, topscore, fame, money, women
  7. hobo-with-a-shotgun

hobo-with-a-shotgun Active Member

I can see why people like it, but I do not. I think some maps are simply TOO big. A game based around projectile pewpews' is all well, but you need to be reasonably close to someone before you actually have a chance at getting them.
  8. killien

killien Active Member

Yea, I like the speed, I like most of the weapons, but the combat outside of bases tends to boil down to "who can boost their speed the most"
    I've had a lot more fun trying to take a Gen room than trying to take a flag
  9. ridley69

ridley69 New Member

Well , ill be honest..
    I tried it out , enjoyed it for 2 hours or so... then it got boring.
    Feels like Halo with jetskis..

When i want to play something fast i just fire Warsow or Nexuiz/Xonotic up.
  10. criticalage

I don't blame any of you guys for not wanting to play this game. The retarded voice commands are spammable and can make for great reactions while playing your jetski game. A lot of my CTF games were all laid back and people were chilled. Then you get one of those games where one guy ruins the fun so we vote kick him out and I say:

Me: So since we kicked the problem creator, I say we all win this game.
    [VGTA] WHOOHOO! WHOOHOO!
    [VGTA] Yes!
    [VGTA] I am the greatest!
  11. Raijinken

Raijinken Active Member

It's fun, but it only lasts a while for me. It is rather enjoyable to go fast, but my leading is rather poor, and every match feels the exact same to me, except on a different field.

To the original post, Doombringer is fun. Sabers are hard to really use, but it's so satisfying when they hit. I've played whole matches perched on top of my base firing missiles.
  12. Awpteamoose

They splash enough to catch someone on landing even across like quarter of the map.
    People at high speeds are very limited in turning and are really easy to airshot/catch on landing. There's also rifles and smgs and hitscan pistols.
    Not that there ever meant to be midfield combat though.
  13. killien

killien Active Member

I know, outside combat still annoys me tho
  14. criticalage

Indoors is where it's really at.

INFILTRATOR + JACKAL FOR LIFE.
  15. Coverop

Coverop New Member

[​IMG]
    Me as inf annoying guards.
  16. Awpteamoose

Well, it would be cool if generators actually meant anything, but I don't even care if it's down. There's no "naked" class for inventory stations to matter, all deployables are cleared with a single disco nade and base turrets can't hit any competent capper anyway.
    The game was never about indoors combat though and I'm surprised they made so much indoor areas.
  17. criticalage

Yes, I know that feel when the enemy team keeps capping your flag and there's no defense on your own side. It makes playing Infiltrator a waste. "WHY DESTROY GENERATOR WHEN YOU CAN CAP AND WIN THE GAME FOR YOUR TEAM?" It's almost as if destroying the Generator is a side-quest at this rate! Makes me feel a bit bummed, but the thrill of cloaking and backstabbing makes up for it by... Er... A small margin.

Still, I will enjoy whatever exp I get until the perks are maxed.

The other day I was asking anyone if they played SMNC before and I got mixed bag responses. From "No", to "Did matchmaking break again?", "Game needs to be fixed" and "MOOSE? PLEASE NOT MOOSE!"

But then I ask why do they still play SHAZBOT.

Code:
    "Because I'm bored."
    "Playing this while waiting for gf"
    "I got banned from Counter Strike"
    "cuz its fun, get good guys stop playing juggernaut!!111 stop killing emmmmmmmmm" (Later, the player was vote-kicked by everyone and they all used the voice chat "WHOOHOO" over and over again)