Tournament Please

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by joker, May 27, 2011.

1. joker

joker Active Member

is it possible uber could setup a single or double elimination tournament for this game? brink is good but only competitive so its not as heavily played as thought to be. if this site sponsored a tournament (NOT a season) i bet it would give alot of life back into the game. the top teams would be as usual unless people have been secretly practicing or new blood that nobody knows about, so double elimination would be cool to get a more accurate viewing of team rankings and encouraging for teams to form for the sake of trying to make it into the top 6 etc etc

make it happen uber, please, or else the complaints of pc only seeing any attention is entirely true
  2. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

No.
  3. joker

joker Active Member

you dont even play competitively why are u bothering to post here
  4. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

He doesn't like seeing people who are good at the game to have fun.
  5. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

I second this notion. Even though there probably would only be 4 teams, it would be a lot of fun and would bring some excitement back into the game. Seriously, there doesn't even need to be prizes. Just want actual competitive play, it's really the only fun way to play this game these days.
  6. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

So you want Uber to pause their progress on the coming update to setup and run an official tournament?
  7. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

I, quite frankly, don't give a damn about the update and would much prefer a tournament to revive this game's competitive community somewhat. I SUPPORT THIS NOTION.
  8. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

Screw them. MLG are a bunch of bloated-ego bastards. I'd rather have an update for people who play the game to enjoy it.
  9. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

lol. really?

well i guess that teapot loser is no fun to play with because all he does is trashtalk.
    i think hawkshade has a "you got owned faggot" in his bio
    jon# does nothing but say how much better he is at this game than everyone else.
    any time someone new comes to these forums asking for help i tell them to **** off
    jacktrips is probably the most dull person with no personality i have ever met on monday night combat
    the list could go on, but i think you get the point.
    (all of the preceding were sarcastic)

the reason people play competitive mnc are so that we have something to do that isnt entirely boring. the majority of this games population are pretty bad. that is NOT a comparison to myself, but to other game communities. as much as most people would like to think otherwise, consistently getting a 30-2 in a public match as a support is not actually any fun. some people like some competition once in a while.

if you seriously cant see that and insist on believing that people who play competitively play to boost their ego, then you are a very shallow person, and i hope that you learn to expand your horizons someday to see other peoples point of view as opposed to your horribly misconstrued one.

tl;dr

screw them. pub players are a bunch of skill-less morons. id rather have a tournament to breathe some lif into this game for the people who dont find joy in facerolling randoms without trying.

and the obligatory "suck it" tacked on the end.

SUCK IT!

EDIT:

anyone who agrees with my post, please take the time to add the following to the end of your future posts in this thread:
    Code:
    [quote="Tom#s"]SUCK IT![/quote]
    Last edited: May 27, 2011
  10. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

My feelings.
  11. iammclovin117

12. iammclovin117

Fixed
  13. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

[​IMG]
  14. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

WHAT THE HELL COULD IT MEAN
  15. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

[​IMG]
  16. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

[​IMG]

Since the point of the thread is long gone now.
  17. joker

joker Active Member

UBER does not need to pause anything. All you would have to do is post a thread announcing the start date and for teams to post team name + rosters. a double elimination bracket + weekly (or every 3-4 days to expedite the process) schedule is pretty elementary to make. And the tournament as far as referee'ing basically runs itself via an honor system that has pretty much been flawless throughout mnc's history (capture cards and livestreams help too). make it 6v6 of course and allow subs (some people usually can only come up with 4-5 members, so allowing subs means more teams), no need for an opening for a ref. all UBER needs to do is announce it officially on their behalf so the community actually pays attention as opposed to a lone community member doing everything in their power but falling short because its not an "official tournament". a cheesy prize always helps too.

this takes at most, 15 minutes for an UBER employee to do. we have been waiting months for an update, i can wait the extra 15 minutes
  18. Reanimated Ace

Reanimated Ace New Member

Chron, I definitely agree that it really doesn't take a lot to do it. And I would look into helping out with the organization. I seriously would try everything I could to do it. Even considered possibly dropping a Chipin to raise funds big or small for prize purchasing to distribute. If anyone is familiar with Chipin, let me know if it's something we could pull off.

I can definitely take any teams/rosters and work with team representatives to plan out the dates and times for games. It would honestly take a reasonable amount of information from each team to get started with the bracket, and say we had...8 teams that wanted to participate, I would guess I could have the entire tournament laid out in...about 3 weeks? Given I have contact information via email or this website (team reps would have to be moderately attentive to PMs in order to gather all information).

For the record, information for seriously interested teams would be timezones of each individual player (if they aren't all in the same zone). Days and times players are available, and it would be suggested that each team have at least 2 subs with frequent availability. I think that should be a main factor in determining who your teams "official" subs are. If you have a sub just because they're good, but are never available, why are they a sub in the first place? The point of a sub is to be available when somebody else isn't. If your sub is less available than your starting 6, why carry dead weight on the depth chart?

Regardless, if you Chron, or anybody else is interested in working on a project like an organized tournament, you can hit me up in PMs on the website, or on XBL via my Gamertag (same as profile). I would go into email discussion if need be, but golly-gee would phone communication speed stuff up.
  19. pound symbol

pound symbol New Member

Im pretty new here, but it seems like that Plumum guy doesnt care what anyone else thinks and just puts his own opinion through as fact.
  20. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

A cheezy prize? I think they could do that too.

I would say poster, but between that lowering the value of the last tourney's prize, and that leading to 6 more people being able to brag about their posters (wheresyourposter) and God forbid bragging about getting 2 posters...

I'd say maybe give out a few free copies of the game or something. Idk.

Prize or not, a tournament would be nice.