Total Biscuit's Impression of PA

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Col_Jessep, June 7, 2013.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

2. northbehemoth

northbehemoth New Member

Enjoyed the video~ Thanks for sharing! :p
  3. zachb

zachb Member

Pretty neat video....... so if you want to try against bots you click ready before anyone else gets in your game?
  4. Col_Jessep

Yes.
  5. teradyn

teradyn Member

I don't know how many games I have played because of Total Biscuit, probably quite a few. I do know there are several games I have safely avoided thanks to him. Good to hear he is liking this one... he isn't, um... how shall I say... forgiving, when things are stupid in games ;) .
  6. kodokai

kodokai Member

Ah not this mong. He's the most overrated & worst gamer, no idea why anyone would ever take his opinion seriously.
  7. SXX

SXX Post Master General

He got cool voice ;)
  8. kodokai

kodokai Member

Yeah totally the thing that matters ;)
  9. Asterisk135

Asterisk135 Member

What exactly do you think is wrong with him. He may not necessarily be a pro gamer, but I think that's a good thing. After all, he gives an analysis of games that is on the same level as most players, not what the best of the best thinks. He talks about whether it's fun to play. (Look at his Super Monday Night Combat review if you think he's biased because he's not the best gamer) That's much more useful to the average person. Especially when it comes to buying games.
  10. Sylenall

Sylenall Member

I'm not necessarily the biggest fan of TB either(he's a little too egotistical for me), but his game impressions videos are generally pretty good, I don't agree with all of them but hey, personal opinions and such.

If he can help this game get more positive attention then great, I just hope the devs don't start taking his personal preferences as a to do list or anything(no adjacency bonus please).
  11. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

I sometimes like TB, most of the time you can see when he does a video just for the money not to actually tell people about games and their features and do impressions and such.

Basically the only videos I enjoy from him are from the games that he truly enjoys to play. His ego is a bit annoying sometimes though.
  12. Col_Jessep

I like TB because he always informs about things like settings for FoV or if a F2P is P2W and how the model works. I am one of the player who get dizzy in bad console ports and I really need that FoV slider in some titles. It's not that I would enjoy the game less, I would simply not be able to play it. Unless I take regular barf breaks of course.

And tbh, I was pretty impressed with TB's SMNC review. He knew WAY more about the game than I had expected. I felt he put some serious time into investigating the game before he made his video.

He also has Opinions and Views on certain things and isn't afraid to stand by them even if they are unpopular. I respect that.
  13. northbehemoth

northbehemoth New Member

+1
  14. tybad1

tybad1 New Member

+2
  15. Asterisk135

Asterisk135 Member

+3 Seriously, he's right.
  16. Sylenall

Sylenall Member

Not to rain on the parade or anything, but anybody can stand by an opinion, whether it's good or bad.
  17. Bastilean

Bastilean Active Member

Biscuit has some nice videos on how to play Eles in GW2. He is a pretty sharp cat. Glad to see he has some interest as well.
  18. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

my opinion about totalbiscuit..
    he is a great guy for the gaming industry..sure his persona and attitute can be annoying at times..
    but when it comes to games he gives a lot and very good information as unbiased as possible
    and that´s what matters..we actualy need more guys like him that show which developers and games truly deserve support..making the gamingmarket in general better for gamers and consumers
  19. Baleur

Baleur Member

As detailed as his analysis of certain games are, I can't in my right mind say that I support a youtuber that treats his audience like trash in many instances in his own replies to harmless comments, even to the point of now permanently disabling comment likes because he didn't agree with what his viewer base thought regarding various things (things that, really, don't matter, we're just talking about game videos for crying out loud, yet his ego found it more important to supress the viewer interaction than face opinions he disagrees with).

Some people like that for the angry-lulz. Personally, i guess i'm too old for that kind of overreactive nonsense. Don't get me wrong, I mean I enjoy angryjoe videos too, but there it's for the lulz WITH the audience, not at the audience expense. It's funny how a persona that echoes "mind your manners" has no actual polite manners himself, except in one-way media where no opinions but his own are discussed. It's easy to mind your manners in a one-voice community with nobody around to disagree with you.

I used to really enjoy his channel, when it was more viewer-TB-viewer interaction.
    Recently it has just become another one-way media "our opinion speaks loud, your feedback is supressed" like TV, which I have no interest in. That's so 1990's.
    The entire point of youtube is interaction with the audience.

I digress.
  20. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

disabling likes and dislikes on comments was because similar with the mark as spam button on youtube users tend to abuse it simply if they disaggree with someones opinion when negative but still reasonable or put stuff in like "like this if ... , so x can see ..."youtube as it currently is in many of its functions is a mess ... and i can´t realy say that most of the posters on his videos are all that well mannered either ...
    (myself included at times ... ahem ... )

... most viewers come to listen to his opinion yet there is a small vocal minority that goes apeshit if his opinion differs from them ... to the misfortune of the even smaller minority that tries to actualy prevent that ... the majority simply watches and doesn´t post anything because they don´t care what happens in the commentsection cause it mostly is a mess on bigger channels and videos ... i bet even Uber can tell you a tale about this ...

i don´t think so ... youtube itself is just a portal that provites content either for information or entertainment ... the rest depends on the user of a youtube channel ...
    Last edited: June 9, 2013