Total Annihilation with better graphics

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by nlspeed911, September 18, 2012.

1. nlspeed911

nlspeed911 Member

I'm bored, lazy, and slightly confused.

Lazy, because I can't be bothered to sign up at a more appropriate forum - but I figure the people here know enough anyway. :p

So. I want to play Total Annihilation. The campaign, specifically. And preferably, with nice graphics. I've downloaded Spring, but I couldn't find Total Annihilation anywhere on that site, and it didn't come with the game as far as I know. I've also seen TA3D, but that looked inferior and was in beta or something anyway, and thus is unlikely to have the campaign included.

But does this even exist? Total Annihilation, with nicer graphics, and the campaign? I kind of doubt it, but on the other hand, it has so much mods and fan-made models and whatever...

Thanks in advance!
  2. SwiftBlizz

SwiftBlizz Member

You have misunderstood how TA3D works (and it actually does work, tried it out and it worked like a charm).
    You use the normal total annihilation game content files and stick them into TA3D.
    TA3D is made to be backwards compatible with all the content of TA, so you can even play TA mods in TA3D.
    If you include the campaign files, you will have the campaign too.
  3. nlspeed911

nlspeed911 Member

So... I install Total Annihilation (is that even possible actually - I've read that it's a terribly complicated process to install all expansions and patches and such?), and download TA3D, and it'd work...?
  4. dffmmm

dffmmm Member

This topic doesn't even have anything related to PA in it. Stop being a lazy !@#$ and either sign up for a TA forum or search the internet.
  5. SwiftBlizz

SwiftBlizz Member

6. nlspeed911

nlspeed911 Member

Ah, thank you very much!

And to dffmmm, what about, for example, this then?
  7. thefirstfish

thefirstfish New Member

Spring doesn't have a TA campaign.

It supports some nice games in the TA spirit (among other things such as Star Wars and WWII) that are great in multiplayer, my favourite by far being Zero K, but only AI skirmish as far as singleplayer goes (afaik).
  8. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

wow thats actually quite nice.
  9. molloy

molloy Member

Despite the communitys best efforts i think TA still looks best in its original form.

The Campaign while better than the SupCom games still isn't great. TA's main strength has always been multiplayer. Skirmish isn't bad on open maps with a cheating AI.
  10. nlspeed911

nlspeed911 Member

Maybe, but I like campaigns. :p