Torchlight FREE on GOG.com

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Col_Jessep, June 20, 2013.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/torchlight

2. Orome

Orome Well-Known Member

OK, what is the trick then? Since when someone is giving something for free.
  3. arseface

arseface Post Master General

GoG does this every once in a while. A while back the original Fallout was on sale for $0.00.

They're dealing with games that don't make money anymore anyways, they have some leeway.

The sales they've got going right now are pretty great too. I got Master of Magic and Sim City 2000.
  4. NegimaSonic

NegimaSonic Active Member

Yeah this is one of those sites where you go ahead and make an account whether you want to buy stuff or not.

I have Torchlight, Duke Nukem 3d, Fallout 1, Empire Earth Gold Edition, and 6 other random games they just give you for free outside of promos. I just get them just in case I feel like playing later, heck I actually already have Torchlight on Steam, but an extra DRM free copy can't hurt.
  5. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

I got both the Torchlights for free anyway, they were gifted :3 one from some random guy on Gmod, one from some random guy on MNC
  6. light0

light0 Member

Nice find, thanks...probably not gonna play it though. :lol:
  7. mistermaf

mistermaf Active Member

When I made my account last night I also got a free copy of:
    *Beneath a Steel Sky
    *Dragonsphere
    *Lure of the Temptress
    *Teen Agent
    *Treasure Adventure Game
    *Tyrian 2000
    *Ultima 4
    *Ultima: Savage Empire
    *Ultima Worlds of Adventure: Martian Dreams
    *Warsow

I have no idea what any of these are besides Ultima, but I figured it would be worth mentioning. Apparently they're all free from some source or another anyway. I bought a copy of Wing Commander 4, Wing Commander: Privateer, System Shock 2, Soldiers: Heroes of WWII, and, of course, Total Annihilation. I already have Torchlight on Steam but I got it anyway because free.
  8. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

Warsow is an arena shooter based on CPM. The main idea is/was (its development is a bit start stop from what I understand) to make an arena shooter with strategy and movement as its focus, instead of combat - which is also reflected in its aesthetic. The main differences in gameplay are that they added a special move that lets you walljump and gain a quick burst of speed, an autohop feature, the maps are bigger and the weapons feel/are weaker. I personally enjoy the occasional match or two a lot. Like every Arena FPS though, it's pretty much dead.

Gameplay/frag vid

edit: oh yea and it's f2p anyway, not a gift from gog.
  9. mistermaf

mistermaf Active Member

But ok thanks for the explanation.