Top 3-5 at each position? (Who still play)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by grindout, December 13, 2010.

1. grindout

grindout Member

Who do you all think/know are the top players at each position. Since I have just recently returned and have played with quite a few good players and met some new friends from this site, it would be nice to see what people think. Keep it friendly and try not to have a bias for your team or against other people you may not like. If they are good, they are good and post them.

Please keep it light hearted, and I won't post people yet since I don't know enough people. But make sure they ARE playing NOW!

Assault

Support

Gunner

Sniper

Tank

Assassin

Thanks everyone. Keep it Civil!
  2. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

All I could think of. In alphabetical order, not skill order.

Assault:
    BoltAktion
    DS Shocktrooper
    Randomdude02
    The Dude 421

Support:
    Magnum Veritan
    Pyro the Fox
    SHOW YOUR HEART
    SXD24

Gunner:
    DeadEye
    JackTrips
    Lord Dake Kai

Sniper:
    PohTayToez
    Sigmar

Tank:
    Im Hudson
    tizzlejuice

Assassin:
    BoltAktion
    Liefglinde
    Manouso
    Rev Rabies
  3. xl G h o S 7 lx

xl G h o S 7 lx New Member

This thread isnt going to work because people havent played with everyone.
  4. SHOW YOUR HEART

SHOW YOUR HEART New Member

Don't be such a negative nancy. It's opinion-based anyway, so list the players that YOU THINK are the best at that position.

Assault
    1. Billy Rueben
    2. Teominator
    3. BoltAktion

Support
    1. Billy Rueben
    2. SXD

Gunner
    1. Billy Rueben
    2. Deadeye

Sniper
    1. Billy Rueben
    2. UnicornSunshine
    3. PohTayToez

Tank
    1. Billy Rueben
    2. Im HUDSON

Assassin
    1. Billy Rueben
    2. BoltAktion
    3. StreetRX
    Last edited: December 13, 2010
  5. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

I haven't played with pretty much any of the people they all have listed.
  6. Tuna

Tuna New Member

i played a few matches against magnum veritan and he is by far the best assault player i've come across. i've played against some of the people on the lists and he was the only one who stood out big time.

Liberty or Ruin is pretty good with the Tank
  7. HI IM SNARF

HI IM SNARF New Member

Lol. I guess the only way anybody recognizes anybody in MNC is if they post on the forums. All of your lists are so forums-biased. It's just all guys who are very active in the community here.

Here's mine (not in order).

Assault:
    The Teominator - Until you can head crab a cloaked, moving, full health assassin from like 20 feet away twice in one game, you're not as good as The Teominator.

Tom#s - Don't know all of the numbers, but there are a lot of 1s and 2s.

Kckzi - A kinda controversial figure on the forums. Don't take his trash talking too seriously...he's just having fun. Save banter for actual trolls.

Tank:
    Libertyor Ruin - He's not on the forums, so chances are none of you know him either. He's a really good tank, though, and was always really good at catching me off guard when I was assassin

Im Hudson - Probably the best team-player in all of MNC. Because I've only used assassin against him, it's pretty hard for me to judge his pro vs. pro skills, but I do know that he is always in the right place at the right time, and he pretty much makes it impossible for me to push bots n whatever lane he's on.

(note - never played against Shammas)

Assassin:
    Manouso - I don't even think he remembers me because he took me off of his friends list pretty fast and has never responded to any game invites I've sent him, but we played in the same lobby for like literally 3 hours straight one day, and he pretty much taught me every trick I use as assassin now. Also went positive 20+ every game I played with him, which is very remarkable for an assassin. However, he also hardly plays anymore, so maybe he doesn't qualify for this list.

Push - Why has nobody mentioned this guy? OH YEAH THATS RIGHT HE DOESNT POST HERE. But he is also a BEAST assassin that will terrorize your bots and pros.

Obs - I don't know her full username and don't feel like looking it up. It's a chick, she posts on the forums in that loud purplish color, and I think her username has like 3 y's and a couple t's in it. She never beat my *** as bad as the other two guys, but she has some really clever tricks she'll do. I'll go up against Hudson's team, and I'll start fighting her. We'll end up doing the typical face-grapple exchange, and instead of lunging at me and bouncing off like it always happens, she quickly jumps out of the way of my initial lunge, steps behind a corner, and BAM I get death blossomed by a tank. I fell into that trap like 5 times in a row when we played Oxy last. I feel like there's got to be some way to make a "this chick should be making sandwhiches" joke in here, but my wit is running dry at the moment. Sorry guys.

I'm not including myself because that's just gay. I'm not including Rev or Bolt because I've never played Bolt unless he had a full team, and when I played against Rev we were pretty much dead even in every category (give or take a few kills, deaths, and money that went both ways). I'm pretty damn good at the game, so don't take it personally or as an insult...I'm just listing people that waste me effortlessly.

Sniper:
    Sigmar - Only played with him a handful of times, but definitely the most solid sniper I've ever played against. He can killfarm and play objectively as he pleases.
    ForeverZerone - Used to play with him a lot. Don't see him much anymore, but he was always solid in every category.
    ArmoredLemming - Nobody knows who this guy is, either. He plays one of the best, but lamest snipers ever. He always sat in his base and never moved, but would always still end up with the best K/d and 2nd-3rd highest score in the game. Best part? He's like the nicest ******* person you'll ever see.
    BillyReubin - When I played Oxy last, he went 30-1. I was his one death. Pretty much blew my load when I got that kill (until DeadStretch got me from behind...man that sounds dirty)

Gunner
    I'm inclined to just say everybody, since it's such a retardedly easy class. But here is a list of people that give me particular trouble with gunner

DeadEye - Yeah, yeah. Say what you want. He's an *******. I agree. He doesn't play objectively. I also agree. But complain as much as you want, he's pretty ******* good at the game. Yes, I realize that Oxy stomps him. But he really is on you guys' level, he's just too much of a **** for anybody to ever want to admit it. All of his teammates are kinda shitty, too, so I could understand why you guys run over him so easily. Also, DeadEye, don't say your teammates don't suck. They do. I was able to kill that dude guy all day, and I raped your friend HiiTimes (and don't say that you don't play with him, either. An exact quote from you, speaking to me "HiiTimes is better than you because he's on my friends list". As compelling and well-thought out of an argument as that may be, I am inclined to side with actual logic instead. Sorry if I seem harsh or flammy on you - just giving my honest opinion of you. For what it's worth, I also admire you having the balls to be controversial and not care...I just think you do it the wrong way. Still, you made my list, so e-penis +1.

Im Hudson - Honestly, I have more trouble with Hudson as gunner than I do with Hudson as Tank. I don't know why, but that's just my experience. Maybe it's the class matchup (it's definitely easier for a gunner to kill a fleeing assassin than a tank). Either way, he's a perdy damn good gunner.

Tom#s - once again, Tom's a fantastic gunner. You should have seen the beast pancake he got on me once at Lazer Razr.

Support
    SDX - So the first time I played Hudson's group, it was at Grenade III. SDX was playing support, and here was his strategy. He put a firebase on the middle platform, and he never left the middle platform all game. He just tossed airstrikes all over the map, and ended up with the most kills in the game. Any time I tried to eject him (even when I was invisible), he'd nail me with an airstrike. I don't know how he knew I was there, but he got me. Maybe that was good teamwork. Either way, I've tried to replicate this strategy 10000x times with a lot of my teammates, tons of different builds, and I have never even gone positive with it. SDX went like 24-2 that game.

Officer Willy - I don't think he posts on the forums, but gawd this guy is good as offensive support. He is really one of those guys that could be on this list for at least half of the classes, but I really chose to save him for support because aside from that crazy strat that SDX pulls, he really is the best support I've ever played against.

Jon#s - One of my favorite people to play MNC with - really cool dude and definitely a solid support. Has the 2500 airstrike kills tag. What a ****.

KingLou Few numbers after that. Don't think he's on the forums so nobody knows him, but he's really good at support. If you ever get a chance to play with him, do it.

Honorable Mentions: Bangathon (assault), Scented Midget (few classes), EZ Basskits (just because he sounds like he belongs on Jersey Shore doesn't mean that he's not pretty good at the game), Kckzi (now that I think about it, I'm going to put him on the list for assault. If this is still here, it's because I forgot to remove it) Even though I think his main is sniper, I have a much harder time with him when he's assault. He's actually also a really good assassin, but once again...nothing like playing his assault.

Inb4angryforumveteransdisagree
  8. grindout

grindout Member

please do not post yourself as i feel like that is BIAS lol.. or someone more than once maybe twice.

I will post later.. still writing a 20 page research paper due by midnight
  9. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I see nothing wrong with posting yourself. I've been told by several people that I am a very good Assassin, and I see nothing wrong with saying that.
  10. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

I agree with the idea that posting your own name is kind of lame, but I also agree that it's true in Lief's case. Except that Lief is obviously an uber haxorz modder.

EDIT: BTW, I haven't played much gunner in a while, so I pretty much suck with it now. I mean, it's hard not to do at least decent with the gunner, but I usually get rocked against any decent players.

DOUBLE EDIT: Agree with Snarf about Jon, except I'd change 'support' to 'player.'
  11. Gangster Hebrew

Gangster Hebrew New Member

I think I can easily say thee3nd and PeachyPony(though I haven't seen him on in a while) are the two best Tanks I've ever played with/against.
  12. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

Also agree with this, although again I'd change 'tanks' to 'players.'
  13. ShreddieMercury

ShreddieMercury New Member

I nominate myself to all slots.
  14. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

I don't want to touch this thread with a 30ft. pole, so if everyone (OxyTeam or otherwise) would refrain from posting my name in here in the future, that would be great. I just want to play for fun, and this thread is powder keg just waiting for a spark.
  15. ShreddieMercury

ShreddieMercury New Member

Agreed, it's kind of sad how many people seem to care about how good they are at a videogame that is designed solely for entertainment.
  16. sokoto

sokoto New Member

Billy Rueben is by far on the best supports.
  17. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

Bily Reuben
  18. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

Billy Rueben is best at pronouncing h's.
  19. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

I am #1 in that catergory for sure.
  20. kckzi

kckzi New Member

Billy Rueben is the best player I've seen at every class. No one else is even close.

DEFIANCE!!!!!!!!