Too many issues to ignore?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Bert, February 18, 2011.

1. Bert

Bert New Member

Seems odd the vast amount of players reporting issues of all kinds. Just seems like bad programming..I can't believe there are issues on this thread from over 1 month ago still being posted...What's going on here?

The issues are so great, there's a sticky for "known issues" yet most still go without being fixed. Kind of regretting buying this game. Anyone want to comfort me and make me feel better about this?
  2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Some things are hard to fix because it is sometimes not possible to reproduce a bug reliably. Like getting stuck with 0 health in the enemy base. There are probably several pros all using all sorts of skills and it is hard to determine which combination might cause the issue.

There are a few annoying bugs, but let's be honest, most of them happen rarely or are of little consequence to the gaming experience. A black sky or black explosions might not look very nice but they will not keep you from playing the game.

Many of the bugs are issues with specific hardware configurations. If you happen to live in the UK and you have a certain router, you are likely experience problems. Not Ubers fault really, they just can't test every hardware combination.

My advice: Play the game, have fun, ignore the bugs if possible. They will be fixed eventually, some just take longer. I have played for over 200 hours and I'm enjoying MNC more with every match! Btw, I can't think of a developer studio that supports their game with more love and determination then Uber.
  3. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Most of the significant bugs only affect a few people, as Col_Jessep said. If you look at an "Issues" forum for pretty much anything, you can get the impression that it has a lot of issues. It's like opening up a complaints box and thinking "onoes, everyone is complaining" because only complaints are in the complaint box.
  4. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

The most persistent issues are the ones which are unfortunately outside of our power to fix :(
    Every day we work through ATI driver problems and Thomson router problems. But there are new ATI drivers out yesterday - so maybe things will take a turn for the better.
  5. PKC

PKC New Member

this game runs wonderfully for the most part. you're just one of those entitlement-junkie gamers.
  6. FTP

FTP New Member

I try to make do as good as I can. It's hard to ignore the fact, that I get dropped from almost every server after 1-2 rounds... I still made it to the top 400 in lifetime earnings. I guess that shows my stubbornness and also how good the game turned out. I'm also grateful, that you show that you are actually trying to find this specific bug. I already submitted my login with a few disconnects and I submit anything that might be helpful...

Still. Please, PLEASE try to fix this bug. It's really, REALLY irritating.

ps. I sent two PMs by now, I think. I'm still searching for someone to change my forum account name :I
  7. Col_Jessep

Feck, I totally forgot that! I'm sorry! :oops:

I can't do it but I'll make a post in the moderator forum. I apologize but sometimes I forget stuff. Occasionally moderating a forum can become quite hectic... :3

Btw, I'm not an Uber employee, just a rabid fan who has been here from day one pretty much. Just to avoid misconceptions.
  8. FTP

FTP New Member

Yesh. I already figured out the color diffrences in the names... Rabid fan or not, I reckon you're not the chubby fella in the costume who prances around and throws money and churros around, rite? ...if so: Get more bacon!

Anyways, I'll be waiting for PMs or mails. Thanks much :3
  9. Col_Jessep

I posted it. Might take a while until one of the Uberites finds the time. If your log-in suddenly doesn't work anymore try your new name.

And I did actually buy some bacon this morning. I haven't decided what to do with it yet. Hmm, maybe with the hot dogs... =P