Tofu: A bacon substitue for those who can't

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Bezique, January 26, 2011.

1. Bezique

Bezique New Member

Down on your luck? Struggling to make ends meet? If bacon is too rich for you fear not! Help is available. Your venomously hated opponent is on hand with replacement bacon shaped tofu supplements.

Tofu. Because you're not good enough for anything else.

~~~~~~
    This is just a passing thought. You could make tofu as rare as bacon When you get it it reduces the endorsements of all of your opponents. For example: drop them all a level (gold to silver, silver to bronze and lose the original bronze). Perhaps the penalty could be more severe than this, whatever is deemed "balanced". Endorsements return to normal for each pro after they die.

My reasoning here is that perks like bacon benefit good players more than weak ones. Anti-perks, like this tofu idea, punish experienced players more than new ones, due to experienced players tending to live longer.
  2. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

It could make the other team projectile vomit or something cool like that. ;)
  3. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

i would just jump. as would most others.
  4. Bezique

Bezique New Member

That still causes disruption and interrupts streaks. Perhaps it could be set to only go after you are killed, not suicide. Therefore furthering the disruption.

Alternatively it could be set on a timer, although that would equally penalise all players instead of addressing skill variances.
  5. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

I dont read posts from hackers sorry.
  6. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

meh. gold speed gunner = silver speed gunner + 1 foot pickup.
  7. Bezique

Bezique New Member

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ? I can't read this.
  8. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

so you want it to entirely remove their endorsements?
  9. Bezique

Bezique New Member

Not necessarily. There is ample room for tuning between: varying degree of endorsement removals; the number of lives it lasts for or the time it lasts for; and possibility of varying the severity of the affect through time or progressive lives.

i.e. balancing
  10. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

i dont like it. seems like a lot of work for something that would make the game awkward.
  11. Bezique

Bezique New Member

Aside from balancing issues, which will be difficult for any new game feature it actually doesn't use any functions or meshes that are not already easily available, from a technical point of view, but you are welcome to your opinion on the concept.
  12. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

I don't get how it would work from a flavor stand point.

Someone picks up bacon, we assume he eats bacon but everyone knows bacon makes everything better.

So you pick up tofu and everyone on the opposing team suddenly eats it? Or the sight of you eating tofu makes them cringe and weaker? I don't get it.
  13. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

14. Bezique

Bezique New Member

My main interest is really the game mechanic: anti-perks over perks. I'm all for ensuring game communities don't exclude new players and the original idea focusses on pickups that punish experienced players but not new players. It therefore encourages competition between good players while not ruining the game for people who are still learning the ropes.

There are other instances where the practicalities are difficult to conceive e.g. picking up a speed endorsement instantly makes you run quicker. Sponsorship makes you run quicker on the fly during a match...

None the less my example is a greater stretch, I'm not interested if its tofu or anything else that causes it, I'm interested in the impact it has on the game.
  15. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

what if the better team gets it? it would be a slaughterhouse for about 30 seconds.
  16. Bezique

Bezique New Member

What if the best player picks up bacon? It's no different. "Slaughterhouse" is an extreme term, appropriate balancing would ensure that no single item pickup will determine the outcome of a match.

A part of being the better team is to be mindful of bacon drops, and similarly so here.
  17. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

so in theory, the better team should get more often, which wouldnt help out the lesser team at all.
  18. Bezique

Bezique New Member

The same goes for bacon. If balanced correctly there would be zero difference between the impact either pickup has on each team, the real however internally the impact it would have on the team would affect the better players instead of the weaker ones, therefore promoting the game to be more inclusive of new players.
  19. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

what is this I don't even.
  20. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I don't like the idea. I would just hop over the edge of the map as well.