Thunder Bomber Please!

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by snownebula, February 8, 2013.

1. snownebula

snownebula Member

Please bring back my all time favorite bomber. The Thunder Bomber!

Attached Files:

2. Slacker

Slacker New Member

Why is it your favorite because I have never heard of it.
  3. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

GTFO my internets! :)

It's one of the bombers from TA, and it's awesome!
  4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Phoenix > Thunder. More Pew Pew.
  5. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

I dont think they are allowed to copy units from TA, but they could add a very similar unit.
  6. Bouncer2000

Bouncer2000 Member

If I remember correctly, you could see a similar bomber unit in the concept trailer... I guess your wish will come (partialy) true
  7. Hydrofoil

Hydrofoil Member

There was actually something that look alot like the Thunder Bomber in the Concept Visualisation that Uber used to kick off their Kickstarter campaign! So although we havnt seen any more f it there is a model kicking about somewhere in their files that looks like it ;)
  8. celludriel

celludriel New Member

about 100 of those would flatten any base ofcourse :)
  9. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

Nah, Phoenix looked like a fat, beached whale. Thunder looked like a badass that dealt punishment.

(Also, in OTA, Thunder was technically the better unit due to it's cost vs effectiveness. The mods change this so they each have their situational uses.)
  10. enjoy120

enjoy120 New Member

I always loved the appearance of the Thunder.
  11. chronoblip

chronoblip Member

Lightning comes before thunder... ;)

[​IMG]

I like that the Thunder bomber had more character than the Phoenix. Carpet bombing with either was a lot of fun.

It wouldn't be difficult to re-create the Thunder as an iterative design. For instance, instead of a basically flat leading edge, you could take an existing F-117 and split it in half. Still keep the "center pod" style, but add some more "looks like it's flying fast even when sitting still".

[​IMG]

For the VTOL, you could still use the rear-placed engine pods, kinda like how AirMech does with the Warthog, and how the original Thunder did it as well.
  12. NortySpock

NortySpock Member

I never ever saw the Thunder accurately hit its target. The Shadow did just fine, but the Thunder always was short on the release or something. It was infuriating.
  13. lewk86

lewk86 New Member

I totally agree. There was something about the slow release of the bombs falling in a line that was so satisfying.