Those little things that make you happy

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by rayleterleir, February 21, 2011.

1. rayleterleir

rayleterleir New Member

Well, considering the success of my other thread, I thought i'd start an opposite. So, in MNC, what are those little things that give you that warm fuzzy feeling? The cool little tricks/weapons/strategies that fill your heart with-a joy?

For me, it's the Tank's Product Grenade. Please check out these exciting products from our sponsors while I railgun your face! Also, 1 L3 product grenade = 0 bots remaining in a mob.
  2. Decker87

Decker87 New Member

Shooting an assassin in the face with a shotgun.
  3. Decker87

Decker87 New Member

Also, airstriking underneath a platform and killing some enemies on top of it. They never see it coming.
  4. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

5. Goose

Goose Active Member

I third shooting an Assassin in the face with my shotgun.
  6. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

Pancaking 2 people at once. AW YEAH.
  7. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Most people have trouble killing an assassin that just face-grappled them. I throw a bomb onto them as they go through smokebomb animation. Headcrab every time.

Then as they jump, I detonate it in-air. I call it "dirty fireworks". Also works with you charge3 into a headcrab detonation.

They learn really quickly that there IS a penalty for failing an assassination. That penalty is worse than death, it's death by fireworks show. And humiliation, of course.
  8. Goose

Goose Active Member

That's possible :eek:

That's about as fun as it gets.
  9. Mail

Mail New Member

The many joys of MAIL.

I enjoy landing a quickscope against an assassin and having her hound me exclusively for the rest of the game.

I enjoy finding a server that however briefly has competent enough people that it is both challenging and fulfilling on both sides.

What makes me happy often is getting to that team mate who's in hot water, and keeping them alive long enough to win the fight or retreat.

What's great are those little moments of mutual incomprehension that happen when you have a panic moment and manage to kill someone in an incredibly unlikely way.

Playing a grapple/mortar gunner is one of the most entertaining and probably the most useless things I will ever do in this game.

Throwing my air strike to perfectly rest itself upon my opponent's head. Their panic is beautiful.

Also throwing an airstrike at the wall a firebase is perched upon, or the ground below the bridge it's on, and watching the support wonder how I managed to kill it.

Jumping over my firebase while grabbing it, thereby saving the cooldown at the last moment when the final blow would have struck.

Getting ground zero'd myself only to walk under a bridge and calmly taunt, however rare this may be.

Tossing my firebase onto a ledge before I use the jump pad. So unexpected, brings the focus away from me, or gets the enemy killed if they ignore it. Probably the most situational use of a firebase since stopping the tank's charge.

Bouncing a grenade in a zig-zag through the glass walls on the spawn ring to get that retreating pro.

Watching an assassin get unexpectedly destroyed by bouncers on spunky cola.

Today my favourite moment was as Assault. I level 3 charged at an assassin who was grappling my gunner buddy, managing to kill her without grappling her with the pitiful damage that resulted. Then before the charge ended it landed against a second cloaked assassin, knocking her out of the map. I will never in my life reproduce this, and for the youtubes I am sad.
  10. eternal

eternal New Member

Flying over a distracted enemy sniper and dropping a grenade down on his head. AIR STRIKE BABY

Groundslam or grapple charging an assassin who thinks she is sneaky and now has to try and figure out how to get back to the arena from 100feet away.

going behind enemy lines on spunky cola and using their ejectors (tbh this is probably the ONLY thing I like about spunky cola, I despise that map lol.)
  11. Cedar Tree

Cedar Tree New Member

+1. Actually I get a kick out of any pancaking :lol:
  12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

Hearing people get on the mic and rage. Text rage is just stupid, mic rage is legit.
  13. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Double and Triple Headshots, have yet to get a quadruple one.
  14. WylieTimes

WylieTimes New Member

- I love friendly communications in game. It's the best thing in my opinion. Just seeing "Nice shot" or a little joke every now and then is lovely. For this reason I try to acknowledge awesome when I see/get pwned by it.

- I also love managing to help a teammate escape a terrible situation (as Sniper it's quite common with Ice Traps).

- Finally, I love bunny hopping around the map (seemingly) effortlessly quickscope headshotting enemy players in mere seconds before instantly turning and quickscoping another.
    My best streak of quickscope headshots was a Round the Horn, but currently I'm having issues getting much more than Double/Triples.
  15. GheP

GheP New Member

1. double and triple ring outs with tank in one charge! :D
    2. charge jumping across maps
    3. CHURROS
  16. Future Tense

Future Tense New Member

Head crab is hands-down my favorite thing in this game. It's always satisfying.
  17. Akutare

Akutare New Member

1. Mickey Cantor
    2. Churros
    3. Non-armored Assassins
  18. tinygod

tinygod New Member

1) Grapple chaining an assassin as a sniper (weapon grapple, to skill grapple) if they let it happen.

2) Head crabbing a pro who I know has juice, and just waiting till they pop it.. Ive had people stop and say " just kill me already".

3) Pancaking is fun , but nothings better than sending 5 pros flying off the edge of a map.

4) grappling an assault out of a level 3 charge as a sniper or an assasssin

5) level 3 charging an assassin or a sniper

6) deploying as a gunner when the enemy team is distracted and murdering them

7) juice chaining as an assault, where I juice, kill, buy juice, kill..

all good times.. but above all else

I enjoy a good fight, that isnt one sided.
  19. Indi

Indi New Member

The sound of 10 + gapshots raining brimstone down on my opponents =D (Just got my 1st uberstreak yesterday 32-35-2 )

Baiting enemy pros around a corner into the shotgun.

5 (8?) words: Juiced Gold RoF Hurt gun

Juiced rampages through turrets as assassin.

Being a sniper on Grenade 3.

Getting 2+ kills plus mini-turret kill from a ejector.

Getting that forward most turret on Spunkycola to 3.3 missile and watching the panic ensue.

Beating any enemy to the ejector by shear fractions of a second.

and finally, Juicing right before getting backstabbed. XD
  20. Battlecake

Battlecake New Member

Hitting a smokenade jumping assassin with my railgun and killing them.

That product grenade that hits the retreating pro around the corner an killing them.

Charge 3 insta-gibbing enemy assassins that think no-one will notice them because they are "invisible".

Killing enemy snipers with railgun/nade or even the ones who just don't think the nade lvl 3 can kill them and stay were the clusters drop =).