This is what happens when you let SXD...

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by SAR3N, October 11, 2010.

1. SAR3N

SAR3N New Member

The video below me is an example of what happens when SXD24 is setup properly and no one one your team will do anything to try to stop it. And eventually you won't even be able to juice it successfully. Enjoy!
    (NOTE: BE SURE TO WATCH IN 480p or HIGHER. IT ALSO MAY STILL BE PROCESSING AND ALSO I HAD TO CUT A MINUTE OUT BECAUSE OF THE LENGTH OF THE MATCH)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1wiNsnLkFU
  2. sxd24

sxd24 Member

Aww, you cut out the climactic part - my setup actually keeping everyone at bay during OT. ;)

Nevertheless, it was kinda cool seeing it from someone else's perspective. You couldn't even step out onto the left-side bridge without already being at half-health. :lol:
  3. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Gunner + Gold ROF + Mortar = smoking turrent nubs.
  4. sxd24

sxd24 Member

Support + Gold ROF + Shotgun + Hacked Turrents + Air Strikes + Gapshots + Longshots = Dead Gunner.

It's all about how you play your class. I know where to place my turrents and how to take care of them, although I do admit that Gunners give me a bit of trouble. Nothing I can't take care of, though. ;)
  5. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

he's the best defensive player i've played with..i think the only time i ever made a lvl 3 rocket turret was playing with him and only did it because i know it would be well taken care of
  6. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

Damn Sar, you are MONEY with that bomb. I lol'd at how often you killed those snipers with just the explosion.
  7. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

When SXD has his defenses set up, you might as well go off and cry in a corner, because it's just going to be turrents everywhere. 3.3 turrents everywhere. All overhealed, all the time.
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

That was mostly the split-screened sniper he kept killing. I mean yea he had great precision and placement but the guy was the 2nd player on a split screen so he kinda gave him all those kills. lol

I just couldn't get over your "Deathmatch" style of play.
  9. Vigil80

Vigil80 New Member

My personal favorite bomb moment was when SAR3N and that other support were fighting near Bullseye, and SAR3N's bomb blew the support underneath his own airstrike. Poetic justice.

But yeah, game might have gone better if the rest of your team hadn't been struggling so much, so to speak. K/D doesn't win games, but when you're giving up 13 or more deaths for 2 kills, I think it's safe to say it's time to re-evaluate your approach.
  10. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

I pity the Gunner that can't take down a turrent before a Support Airstrike/Shotguns him! Actually, I noticed a ShaveIce turrent in that video - did you put that up? I guess if it always has someone backing it it's ok, but surely another LazerBlazer or even a Longshot would be better?
  11. sxd24

sxd24 Member

Then there's plenty of Gunners you should pity, cuz many a Gunner has fallen victim to my Shotgun + Airstrike while trying to take one out. ;)

And I did not put that Shaveice on the left (from Sar3n's POV). That was put there by a lovely teammate of mine. It would have been better as another Lazer-Blazer, as a hacked one can shoot down a Jackbot and any bots coming down that hallway with ease.
  12. Patch

Patch New Member

This is what happens if you play TDM instead of tower defense. You were sitting on $2K toward the end of a match. Instead of upgrading turrets, you call in...BUZZERS?! Four sets!! Against a level 3 lazer blazer...

No wonder you're so easy to defeat.

There is nothing spectacular about this clip except your level of suck. Stop being a kill whore and help your team. With all of that extra cash, you could have switched to an assassin, bought juice, destroyed all of his turrets, and had enough left over to repeat the cycle.

You gotta be kidding me.

So cut a minute from the beginning. Nobody cares about that part. I get the impression you posted this under the pretense of showing off how aw3sum (selfish) you are. The video ended just before it became interesting. D-

Maybe in pubs, but skilled Gunners will kill your turrets far out of range. Gapshots just give them money.
  13. sxd24

sxd24 Member

Too true. Most Gunners just derp all over the place, playing TDM instead of MNC, but the skilled ones become a major annoyance on any other map. However, thanks to this map, it's hard to kill turrents out of range when the entire base is walled off.

And trust me, you'd be surprised at how many Gapshot kills I get. A lot of people just think "Hey, these things only kill turrents. Easy close range kill!" and subsequently get a face full of mortar. Kinda sad knowing people are like that, but hey, more money for turrents, Juice, and upgrades? I'm not complaining.
  14. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

Can we all agree that a major part of ANY objective game is deathmatch? If your opponents are alive, they're hindering your bots. You have to kill them.

Besides, the Assault is most effective against other pros. He's moderate against bots, and terrible against turrets unless juiced, and other classes demolish turrets juiced. The Assault is pro-control. Its important to control enemy bots, the map, and the opposition players to win during regulation.
  15. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

DO NOT question sx's turrent placement, those shavices stop good assassins from destroying everything he loves, i can't even go in and tickle turrents if he's turtling, it's like his hack is .5
  16. DeadStretch

I thought you can only have three hacked turrets at a time? If it is more than three this is kind of a bit overpowered don't you think?
  17. Patch

Patch New Member

I'm a mortar, ya know what I mean, and I kill your little turrent on the catwalk.

No. Focusing on Pros and ignoring defense is the easiest way to get your butt kicked.
    (See: dbowill)

Only in the beginning. Assault is the least effective class halfway through a match.
    Last edited: October 11, 2010
  18. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

Killing pro is what this game is all about, duh. That is why it is called crossfire death match ignore the money ball game.
  19. DeadStretch

It's obvious you haven't encountered a fortified base such as SXD sets up. Go ahead walk on that catwalk and get, at least three, hacked turrets shooting you dead by the time you launch one set of mortars.

Only in the beginning. Assault is the least effective class halfway through a match.[/quote]
    What Assault players are you playing against? No matter when during a match if an Assault gets level 3 bomb and passive he is pretty tough to shake. If the Assault isn't using Fly then it's a user error.
  20. Patch

Patch New Member

I've played against SXD plenty of times and won. He's very good, but my point is that no base is indestructible (...and a stingy, Buzzer spamming Assault is a hindrance, not a benefit).

Despite the fact that I was joking, it's really not that hard to destroy turrets on LaseRazor. It's the best arena for ricocheting grenades and using mortars as artillery.

Too many. I can count the few good ones I've seen on one hand, and they tend to pair up with another Assault or Sniper.