This game NEEDS a mercenary playlist

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by peachypony, September 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

A playlist with no parties and randomized teammates. There is a reason why half of the losing team is gone before the game ends because no one enjoys being spawn trapped. This is what happens playing against experienced players using teamwork in party chat control the middle and farm kills for as long as they can. It's not fun for new players because they don't have a chance to get a kill and end up going 1-21 and it's not fun for experienced players who try to push out and are stuck 2v1 or 3v1 pros and dodging bots and fire bases.

I'm probably in the minority on this but it's not fun either being on the other side of the fence. Partying up with other 99s and ending games in 2 minutes gets boring real quick which is why I never do it and riding solo at least I can hope for a fair game.

Please Uber, strongly consider adding something like this in the future. Undermanned and unbalanced teams happen A LOT which in turn make playing out games to be a moot point. I think more people will play out a game if they know that their team will be randomized the next one.

Uber <3
  2. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

This is a great idea! I would love for this to happen.
  3. Galcian420

Galcian420 New Member

+Support.

IMO if people care so much about working together with people that use mikes, they should be doing privates with their group instead of pub-stomping for K/D.
  4. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Half the team leaves regardless. Just losing is enough to get people to leave. A mercenary "playlist" won't change things. Besides, it'll probably just be shunned by anyone who plays in parties.

I mean, I don't oppose this. It'll get all the players with the "take my ball and go home" mentality in one place.
  5. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

I concur. You could run several variant playlists as well - for example, no "randomness" (crits or Juice) playlist or Highlander (only one of each Pro).
  6. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

Not in my experience, games where there is a battle for map control people tend to stay and play out the game. People will still rage quit or sign off once losing is inevitable but regular players like me won't feel the need to leave a game, knowing that there will be new teams next time around.

Repeated scenarios in this game such as the upper deck spawn trap on steel peel get boring quick and once you know the outcome of the game in the first couple minutes or in lobby once you see how stacked the other team is, why bother?

My mentality is for balanced teams, which seems to be important in a game where you rely heavily on your teammates.
  7. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

It's just a little bit easier to pull together 2-6 people than the full 12 it would need for a full private match.
  8. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Let them have their specious reasoning, man.
  9. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Must be nice. In my experience, it has little to do with it. People quit all the time, usually when they're on the losing side. No party is necessary; it happens sometimes when I party up with Taterz, Hudson, etc., but also when I play solo. People quit. Even without those "Upper Deck Spawn Traps."

And yes, a bunch of no micers not team playing would be balanced. Hey, that's no less accurate than the concept of teams all dominating, etc.

And what happens when one or two players switching sides creates its own level of dominance? Will we need to nerf "Mercenary" mode because goods players will outdo bad ones, or spawn campers aren't deterred by random groups?

Again, you can have it if you want it. It just doesn't seem logical, and that's why I'm on about it.
  10. Shammas

Shammas New Member

If you want good, competitive matches, you'll have to play GB or Uber will have to host more tournies. Otherwise, everyone quits out of pubs and random privates.
  11. Galcian420

Galcian420 New Member

Funny, I was about to say the same thing.

Every game should have a playlist that prohibits players from entering as a team. It's sad that CoD is the only game to get that, mostly because I don't particularly like CoD games.

I think you seriously under-estimate how high the % of quitters are from rage-quitting due to being annoyed with "useless" teammates or being raped by organized teams. Or from having 1 teammate quit right at the beginning and they're stuck playing 5-6 for the rest of the damn match because alot of the other players searching are in parties, therefore making it that much harder to find a single player to fill that slot. Such a playlist more-or-less solves all of these problems.

That being said, I doubt we'll ever see individual playlists within Crossfire. Moving along.

Man.
  12. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Amaranth has got it.

The big difference between me playing with a party or playing solo is that I have to share the kills, the outcome is usually the same. :cool:
  13. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

lolwuthalolonewolves?
  14. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Then you evidently don't understand what specious reasoning is. There was nothing specious in what he or I said.

Well, except the one deliberate bit I said where I pointed out it was no worse than the prior logic, but if that doesn't count as defined intent, I don't know what does.

On the other hand, it turns out the guys I've been playing with ARE the kind of asses who will lock up the spawn and immediately kill the fun for everyone but them. So whatever.

I'll finish with two thoughts:

I seriously doubt you have any legit numbers to argue that people are rage quitting for this specific reason. One, because I doubt any numbers exist and two because I doubt those numbers would come remotely close to your favour.

Lastly, COD demonstrates most of the problems supposedly solved by this don't get solved. I don't think it has to be any more freaking clear than that. People still get the same complaints. Apparently, CoD is the only one to not "get that."

But again, it won't hurt me none, so I say let the baby have his bottle.
  15. Galcian420

Galcian420 New Member

Specious. But as you so kindly pointed out already, we can't prove one another wrong, so w/e. But thanks for the assumption.

"Besides, it'll probably just be shunned by anyone who plays in parties"
    "It'll get all the players with the "take my ball and go home" mentality in one place".

So...basically, you only care about having your reasonings behind its addition being the only logical ones, seeing as you don't disagree with the intended and completely obvious outcomes.

Anyway. As for the CoD Merc playlist failing, lolwut? It did exactly what it was supposed to, get those "take my ball and go home" people out of TDM. Did you really think players from Search&Destroy or Ground War or...(oh yeah, CoD has like 10+ game modes)were going to care about another TDM playlist? No. You brought up numbers, so go compare MDTM vs TDM populations at various times.

Good luck TC, although I'm sad to say you probably won't ever see this in MNC. And enjoy having the last word Amaranth, as I don't care to continue with you, seeing as we already had a good chuckle over this. Can you at least make your final retort something worth reading instead of something to show friends for entertainment purposes?

But I seriously doubt you will.
  16. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

I do apologize that you do not share the same gaming experiences as i do. Let me reassure you, that in no way would a playlist addition affect how you play the game as of right now. You say things like, "Again, you can have it if you want it" or "I mean, I don't oppose this" but your arguments seem to imply that this change would indeed affect you. Why argue about something that doesn't have any effect on you? Your basis for arguments seem illogical.

People are still going to quit the game. I pretty much assumed most people would know this and not need to draw it out any further. I think it's obvious there is no fool proof way of preventing people to quit a game.

You seem to be under the impression that the people who wish for this change don't use mics or team work. I guess you never would have to play with any of us again! Ironically, I do use my mic and have a clear understanding how the game works.

Players do not have to ability to switch teams in game or lobby. I have no idea where you're getting this from. I'm pretty sure "nerfing" a playlist makes no sense in the slightest.

To be honest, I don't care enough about video games to play competitively. I just want to go into matchmaking and have a better chance at finding balanced games. People quitting out of games early doesn't really bother me as long as matchmaking brings someone else in.

Congrats dude, you must be really good at this game. I have a 4.4 k/d and I still can't seem to win against stacked teams even when i finish games with more kills than all 5 of my teammates. Please enlighten us, holier than thou.

Wow, your immaturity sure shines in this post. All of this because I used a call of duty term, huh? I think you care a lot more about this than you think, kiddo. Good riddance troll.

Hopefully a dev can chime in about the issue and lock it, I see no further point in discussing the issue.
  17. Shammas

Shammas New Member

I understand, but the fact is that public matches are far too random to find balanced matches or people who care enough about winning the game. Most of the time if someone quits, the team suffering will fall too far behind before a new player connects and even if the new player gets in, they are deterred by the fact that they are behind and just quit immediately.
  18. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

Agreed, but it's what we have to live with. The alternative is making a clan based support system which I have no idea how hard it would be to implement. Saints Row 1 did this and it was awesome. There were separate clan leader boards. This obviously encouraged all the players to standby and exploit the many glitches in the multiplayer. If Volition gave any support to their multiplayer, it would've been an awesome system. I have no idea why no games do this because its a great system for organized competition.
  19. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Well Id assume your problem is that you think a 4.4 kd or getting X amount of kills more then your team matters.

No need to be all sarcastic cuz' I don't Agree with you.

I used to play that shithole known as cod, every playlist is just a different type of tdm.
    Domination? the flags are just targets for explosives and campers, nobody ever caps them in pubs.
    Search? what bomb? **** that I'm gonna sit in a corner and try to get myself an ace!

ect.
  20. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

No, i'm pretty sure your assumption is wrong. If my teammates are trying to win and i don't have a team filled with support and snipers sitting in my base that refuse to leave I always stick it out. I couldn't care less about losing or dying in this game. You're right though, I do care about killing the other team because that forces them to wait 7 seconds and respawn while it gives my team a chance to move up, kill bots, and double team enemy pros.

I have 700+ annihilator uses, I control middle to give my teammates a chance to push, I make suicide runs when it's called for to keep the money ball down, i'll build defense if bots are pushing into the base, I let tanks+gunners take speed power ups instead of whoring them for myself, ETC. I've played this game long enough to understand how to give my team the best chance at winning.

I don't care if you agree with me or not. I'll be sarcastic all day, check your ego at the door.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.