This game make my PC crash

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Mr mOr, January 1, 2011.

1. Mr mOr

Mr mOr New Member

Hi.
    (Sorry for my bad english i'm french :))
    I am actually in possession of this game that i find really fun and cool but here's the problem.
    Sometimes, i don't know how, i don't know why, i'm just playing usually on MNC and my computer just crashes (it makes my PC OFF)
    And then i need to repair it (windows have a software for this) and sometimes it uninstall the game so i need to install it again.
    This doesn't appear on my other games
    Help D:

My Steam : http://steamcommunity.com/id/rickastleythatdances
  2. Kappy

Kappy New Member

My cousin has had this problem, except for the reinstalling stuff but he has had to restart his computer before. I play the both versions of this game, console and pc, but it seems to me that its a big fix they need to make. I know what you mean though.
  3. Mr mOr

Mr mOr New Member

I re-have this problem there was 30 minutes, i wait the PC have the ambient temperature (my computer get hot really quick) and i don't have to repair it^^
  4. roadkillgrill

roadkillgrill Active Member

First make sure drivers are up to date, that might fix it.
    For a game to restart the computer typically is a sign of early hardware failure or underrated power supply being used. It might not happen on other games because other games are not as taxing for the system.
  5. Rammite

Rammite New Member

It sounds like something is overheating.

Is your computer old?

If it is, part of it is probably too weak, and gets super hot because it's trying to run everything. Monday Night Combat might push it too far, and overheat, breaking the computer for a whille.
  6. asmodai

asmodai New Member

It could be a spontaneous reset (typically a power supply unit issue) or it could be a BSOD from Windows recovers so quickly that you don't see it as the displaying is off by default.

Check Control Panel > System (and Security) > System > Advanced System Settings > Startup and Recovery > Settings... > System failure > deselect Automatically restart, OK, OK.

Next time you start the game you should be able to see if it is a BSOD (some driver issue most likely) or a PSU problem when it goes down.
  7. Mr mOr

Mr mOr New Member

Yes maybe my PC is too weak, it's a laptop and he has 1,5 years ^^
  8. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member