This annoys me with air

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jonasmod, October 30, 2014.

1. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

Have you noticed that sometimes when you give a group of air units an order, they first get ready by getting in formation before actually starting to fly? I hate this. I'd much more like that they immediately started flying towards where I ordered them, and reorganized when they got there/mid-flight.

Part of this problem is me. When under pressure and suddenly realizing I NEED AIR, NOOOWW!!! I usually spam click move orders for all my air units, which causes them to reorganize... and reorganize... and pause to see if they are in formation... and reorganize... and then I die from a bomber snipe.

Another thing is that the current behavior, afaik, differs from how other units does it. Tanks, for example, seems to first start moving towards the target and then gets into formation. This would be reasonable with air as well. If I want my units in a particular order, say, AA first, bombers after, I'd move them halfway to the target to let them fall into formation, then attack.

By the way, I think the bombers aggro-range should be increased. What I want to achieve is that if I move it close to/over a group of doxes, it doesn't just hover above them and get shot down but instead attack. I cannot think of any situations where I wouldn't want the bomber to drop bombs, except if I clicked one specific unit. Then of course I want to bomb THAT unit.

What do you think of this?
  2. DarkGift

DarkGift New Member

Agreed. There currently is a considerable delay even if you issue a move order to a single air unit. The other thing that would be nice is if air units didn't make a huge arc past the target right into enemy's AA. Firstly, they should never try to go past the target (given turn radius limitations etc.) and then only do the bombing run on the return, and secondly if they have AA within their vision they should never fly directly into it's range.
    LmalukoBR likes this.