Think Jon Would Wear a Boeing Shirt?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by mjc52389, May 21, 2013.

1. mjc52389

mjc52389 New Member

I have seen Jon wear a SpaceX shirt in a few of the LiveStreams. I think it is really cool that he is giving a hat tip to some of the people making space exploration a reality. Though as a Boeing employee (specifically Boeing Space Exploration division) I gotta say we are working on some pretty amazing stuff too (International Space Station, Space Launch System, Commercial Crew, etc…). Think we could get a shout out too? I'll even send ya a shirt :lol: haha
  2. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I'm a huge fan of Boeing, so yes. Did I see a 787 up tin he air on the way home tonight? Sure looked like it was headed back towards a landing at Paine field.
  3. mjc52389

mjc52389 New Member

Alright! I’m glad to hear that. :D

It may have been a 787. They have a very distinctive swept wing. I am glad it's back in the air because it's a truly incredible plane. I haven't had any hand in the commercial aircraft side though; I work ISS and SLS out of Houston.
  4. neutrino

I visited Johnson space center a couple of years ago. Was a fun tour.
  5. treign

treign Member

Boeing 787 Program (EVT)! Holla! lulz >=]

Id buy Jon & Steve a Boeing shirt... invite me over for a beer =]
  6. mjc52389

mjc52389 New Member

Yeah Johnson is an awesome place. Did you do the tram tour from Space Center Houston? It can be kinda cheesy but you get to see the high points. If you are in Houston again sometime PM me in advance or something and we can set you up with a better tour.

That is awesome I think 787 is going to be a big win for the company. You are lucky, you're close by they could probably take you up on that offer haha
  7. veta

veta Active Member

growing up in houston i got to see the johnson space center a couple times, kool stuff
  8. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I think I found THE perfect shirt for Neutrino:

[​IMG]

:p
  9. neutrino

Yup, did the tram tour. Went through the shuttle building and saw the trainer and the newer moon buggies etc. I will definitely PM you if I'm down there again (probably not anytime soon).
  10. StRaven

StRaven New Member

soon we will be making vacations to space! although, probably not in my lifetime but my next life will be fun so long as im not a cat again...