Things I hope will be added to the alpha & the retail

Discussion in 'Support!' started by aegis386, June 18, 2013.

1. aegis386

aegis386 New Member

(1) I hope that in the game they will add The line that comes from your unit to where your moving when you tell it to move or patrol in supreme commander. (2) I really want them to fix the bug that makes it so subs can't move Its like they are stuck in the middle of the water for no reason (3) I CAN'T WAIT FOR SPACE WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. ooddball

ooddball Member

how bout

(1)first person control for units
    (2)experimental's that is not game breaking(supreme commander 1)
    (3)orbital bombardments from space war
    (4)blowing up suns
    (5)support commanders
    (6)tier 3
  3. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

1: Just wait for it
    2: Just wait for it
    3: Not going to happen. Interplanetary, but no real space combat

1: Pointless, but possible
    2: Most likely not going to happen
    3: Long confirmed. But not from orbit, but from orbiting moons only.
    4: Not going to happen.
    5: Unknown.
    6.: Not going to happen.
  4. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

5. jjffjhjf

jjffjhjf New Member

I disagree completely on that one. I've played a game that has it. Earth 2160. That was freaking epic to do. Wasn't even designed all that well or easy, but it was FUN. To take control of your commander and just use it as a FPS character after giving your units their orders in battle, dodging out of the way of artillery, shooting rockets out of the air, blowing up enemy units. To me that seems like ALOT of fun.
  6. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

You're going to be fighting an intergalactic war across multiple planets, several hundred different celestial bodies counting asteroids, and you want to first-person a Scamper or something? What would be the point of that?

This isn't a very tactical RTS. It's about strategy and playing your cards right, not making sure THAT ONE SCAMPER aims at THAT ONE COMMANDER for TAHT ON3 1337 360 HE4DSHOT!
  7. dacite

dacite Member

Earth 2160 was small scale while this sub-genre of RTS is all about strategy. You would lose incredibly quickly in first person.
  8. jjffjhjf

jjffjhjf New Member

Suppose that may be true, would still be fun, especially if there was an option to have a friend come in and take over one of your units or the like. That way somebody would still be controlling the actual grand scheme of things, meanwhile you're there in charge of one of their units in the battle, and just going to town on all these bots. -shrugs- I realize that's probably not where this game is going, I was just a huge fan of Command and Conquer: Renegade and Earth 2160, so I really like the idea.
  9. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

Tetris is fun too, doesn't mean there will be a tetris minigame in PA. It has to fit the game.
  10. zorknemesis

zorknemesis Active Member

I can see it now, someone attempting to rain tetrominoes on someone's base in the form of specially patterned asteroid barrages.
  11. dacite

dacite Member

A shadow descends on your base and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmCCQxVBfyM begins to play. May god have mercy on your soul.
  12. mistercheif

mistercheif Member

Or even better, this one.
    Last edited: June 26, 2013
  13. soghog

soghog Member

I could see FPS working if it was limited only to the commander. After all, he's your avatar, and it might make sending him into combat more viable if you had more complete control over his movement. Still, it'd be difficult to say if it'd work well enough when you're managing multiple planets, but if you're going to send the commander into combat, either way you better damn well prioritize your attention on him.
  14. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I see some flaws in here;

1] FPS control wouldn't be more effective unless you forced it arbitrarily, the game handles a lot of complex aiming that really can't be done 'better' by a player, especially given....

2] If you're controlling your commander directly you're not prioritizing his control, you're controlling him to the exclusion of all other possible control you could be doing. I found that, for me at least, in SupCom more often than not any units I had supporting the Commander in combat had just as much if not more control applied to them because they could through numbers, have more more of an effect, sure the ACUs had Overcharge, but you could only use that once every 5 seconds, and the move commands needed to keep him dancing for 5 seconds take a fraction of the time to give so you can focus on the supporting units which did a heck of a lot more damage over that 5 seconds compared to the ACU.

Admittedly things will/can be different depending on how Commanders are handled compared to ACUs, but I feel the core ideas still stand IMO.

Mike
  15. Ralith

Ralith Member

First person control would be a fun gimmick, but it wouldn't add to the game. If it were done very well it might allow for some cool mods, though.
  16. ooddball

ooddball Member

i simply mentioned the idea of fps cause then i have 2 friends that would buy it, and it was also more for the fun of it than the actual use, i do know fps would not be really useful of-cause the defeated spectators could be the ones that gets the option, and then make a limit for how many can do it for each surviving team depending on how many has died and are still alive that way there would also be a reason to stay after you have died
    and also wall of text blablabla for fun and not so much profit we march!
  17. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

Now that I think about it, this game could actually have a really, REALLY fun Planetside-style total conversion mod. A mod group would be hard-pressed to get a server farm big enough to host something Planetside-2 grade.... But Uber is already planning for 40-person games, it wouldn't be too much of a leap to have 64-player games with two players as commanders and everyone else playing as a 'hero' unit.
  18. ooddball

ooddball Member

its pretty much the reason i suggested FPS element, but that aside, hero unit would mean extra work for uber on making units and its possible that could imbalance the game against being commander in the start of the game really hard, imagine being commander with 19 hero units on each side rushing to get you and your base that you are desperate to get up and running before they find you, you just cant do that the planets would have to be WAY bigger or they would have to come from a building that the commander build later but then they might as well just be tier 2-3-4-5 or whatever it gets to units they take control of