Things change over time....

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by felipec, August 23, 2012.

1. felipec

felipec Active Member

2. ghargoil

ghargoil New Member

3. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

I was about to say nice find till I saw the last 2 posts, where the thread was necro'd. So I guess it was probably near the top of the board anyway. Still, nice to see they actually went about planning for PA.
  4. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

Heh, I actually got an email from my friend on my Blackberry while I was at a company party that night. I came home around 4am and was kind of drunk when I posted that message.

But I'm still this excited.

The constant communication from Jon Mavor (uber_neutrino), the lead developer, has been incredible. I'm really confident he's doing all of the right things, in priority order.

So many of the ideas that have been added to the community feature list are ones I've had since playing Total Annihilation, and I'm happy to know that Jon's confirmed most of them already.

There is nobody else even coming close to designing an RTS this good.

It's been a long time coming.
  5. felipec

felipec Active Member

Yeah, I didn't found it. All credits goes to coldboot =)
  6. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

Haha, well I both created and necro'd the same thread.

I started it after looking up on LinkedIn where all the original Total Annihilation and Supreme Commander developers ended up after being disappointed with Supreme Commander 2. Once I found that a bunch of them had founded Uber Entertainment together, I figured asking them to make a new RTS was the next natural step to take. ;)
  7. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Amazing to go back and read that, thanks!

Now you can see how long these ideas have been kicking around. I was literally thinking out loud in that post. With everyone's thoughts and ideas and Steve's visual style we actually put together a visualization of those "raw" ideas.