There should be a rage quit protag.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Bonecrusher, December 7, 2010.

1. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

I'd love to see that since alot of people when they lose quit the game asap.
  2. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

A ragequit protag wouldn't fit in with the design aesthetic of the game, given that it's a dystopian futuristic sports combat shooter where clones murder each other for cash and prizes and can't just disconnect if a firebase kills them because they're already deadAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

I would like a team-effort sort of protag for having three members of your team simultaneously shooting at enemy spawn doors and achieving kills. That sounds p cool and original!
  3. x gr1m x reap3r x

x gr1m x reap3r x New Member

what about quitting after the match? (lobby) because sometimes its the same teams vs each other in the next match
  4. AARPS

AARPS New Member

There should be a giant banner that says "SAVING K/D NOW" any time you disconnect from a match in progress. I can't tell you how many fools DC with the last sliver of MB health left (which is still better than the DC the second their MB hits the ground.) I just played a match with a team of 3 the DCed with 2 mins to go then rejoined (on accident) and blabbed about "at least we don't take the hit on our K/D." They also lost their income so there is some justice.
  5. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

I agree. I'd be sporting the 10,000 Rages at this point. Only counting the 99s of course.
  6. IcyZyon

IcyZyon New Member

I'd hold it with pride if they did. Most of my rage quits aren't because I lose, its because of other reasons. I think I have only rage quit twice because of a loss.
  7. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

Wait.. we're talking about a protag for making someone rage quit, right? If so it should be under a few criteria. #1. It should be during a game. #2. Within 5 seconds of killing the person. #3. They have to be a all-star.

Other than those criteria.. it's not really enjoyable enough to call a rage quit.
  8. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

Wouldn't this mean you'd be stuck with this automatically just from any time you don't have a team to carry you? :D
  9. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

I mean the person killing someone to the point they quit the game. If they have been killed and quit within 2 seconds of the death or they quit the game 2 seconds from the money ball dropping.

Id love to see "YOU RAGE QUIT BRA?"
    LOL
    or
    !!!RAGE QUIT #%# !!!
  10. IcyZyon

IcyZyon New Member

I've done this. I've came into a game, and the money ball dropped 2 seconds after I spawned. I left simply because 1 minute into the game and the money ball already down means the team sucks that I am on, or the other team is a bunch of pubstomping scrubs.
  11. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

I love those games. It gives me a chance to get a few kills while the other team is moneyballing, get my upgrades, get the moneyball back up, and come back to win. Such a great feeling when you join into a dropped moneyball and come back to win.
  12. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

You don't get protags when the host fails to migrate. :?

Pew pew.
  13. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

that will teach those dirty mes.
  14. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

lol would be awesome to see a forced protag set on quitters for the next game or two saying "I quit losing matches" or something, might scare away players which is not something this game needs :(
  15. IcyZyon

IcyZyon New Member

This would not be fair in any shape of the word. I don't know if its just me who has this problem but lets say right now I attempt to join 10 games. Out of those 10 games, at least 6 of them will be at the point of no return. If I left those games and got that forced pro-tag, it would make me not want to play simply because if a game gets to the point of no return and you join that game once its at that point, there is no point in staying.

Call it a rage quit or whatever but if I join in a game that the moneyball is down, not 5 minutes into the game and its almost dead, I'm quitting, no hesitation.
  16. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

Then I would love to play you because you can't handle losing and I would get the tag very easily.