There are only 2 tank commanders in game.

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Mirolog, August 31, 2015.

1. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

So I wanted to buy some comms to support the game and stuff, and I wanted something on tracks. But I don't really like Banditks, cuz guns are not working.
    [​IMG]
    Where these guys? It looks like models is ready. Why they are not in armory?
    stuart98 likes this.
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

That was just concept art. Those commanders (except the first, I think?) were never made into a proper model. Those pics were just to give the backers an idea as to what types of commanders were possible.

All of the commanders for purchase are made by $1000 backers, and the lack of tracks probably means they are not such a popular design amongst those backers. Too bad really.
  3. Mirolog

All comms from other 3 pics (imperial, quad and raptor comms) are in the game. Some of them are free, some are limited for different editions. So I though that second and third comm in this pic are also have a proper model.
    stuart98 likes this.
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Nope, from what one of the deva said (was it @mkrater I think? ) it was just a drawing, it does look pretty dang convincing though, I thought it was a model for the longest time!
  5. Mirolog

So all other types comms had models, exept tanks. And there 2 tank comms in game right now. That's racist.
    stuart98 likes this.
  6. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Most of the commanders in-game were created by Kickstarter backers who allowed us to sell their commander in-game. They were given a choice on what base to create their commander with and the drawing above was to showcase what the Tank commanders could look like. Unfortunately, not many backers have requested tank commanders yet.
  7. Bbrink1996

Bbrink1996 New Member

I believe Metrarch is a tank commander as well but not implemented yet for some reason. Maybe finally add it to mix things up a bit? Why hasn't the Metrarch commander model been implemented anyway?
    stuart98 likes this.
  8. redeaglelxix

redeaglelxix New Member

Wait for the next 'standalone expansion'. :)
  9. Mirolog

Is there anything that holds you from adding moar comms, selling them in armory, and making money? Or doing comm model is that time-consuming and expensive, so adding more is not very profitable?
  10. huangth

huangth Active Member

I like the tank commanders more than the bot commanders since tank commanders make less noise when moving. :)
    Tank also gives me a feeling, it is a solid and steady unit.

Players have not requested tank commanders because it is not a major problem.
    I believe many players can still play the game happily with default commanders.
    Last edited: September 1, 2015
  11. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I think more than anything they need to finish all the backer com's first- they've done about half so far?
  12. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

I still want to see commanders with different combat specialties
  13. Mirolog

+1
    martianhunter likes this.
  14. Mirolog

You are wrong!..

And you were originally right!

These comms have their models, probably not rigged and stuff, but models!
    [​IMG]
    huangth likes this.
  15. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Notice how most of those are the Raptor and Quad commanders transplanted onto a tank chassis. I see only two in that image that have a unique commander body; the middle one in the tank concept image above and that red com in the far left in the image you just posted. It's really disappointing to me that neither of those ever got in game.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: March 12, 2016
  16. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

I think tank commanders are unpopular, because they are tall - tanks usually have a low profile and a low center of gravity... A tall tank would flip over at the slightest provocation, it doesn't look right.
  17. Mirolog

Being a tall tank is better than being a 2 or 4 legged giant robot. For example, tank don't need to do anything to stand still.

Also tank Ajax is literally a box.
  18. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

If there are tank and bot coms, why isn't there an air com?

Bc they couldn't use a teleporter? Make them like the t2 fighter and fly from planet to planet.
  19. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

.... no ...
    stuart98 likes this.
  20. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

It's not very often that I find reason to like one of your posts. But just this.
    tatsujb likes this.