The Walking Dead TV-show *contains spoiler alerts*

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by LennardF1989, November 27, 2012.

1. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

Since there is a topic about the game, I figured we needed one about the TV-show.

Any people around here who watch it? What you think of the latest episode, season, whatever!

There is only one rule, when you are going to spoiler, notify the reader beforehand. To keep things safe, don't go talking about the latest episode right after it aired in the US. It takes me till the next evening at least to see it, so buffer it up for a few days.

I was very psyched about the first season. The first half of the second season was kind of slow in my opinion, I would almost say bad writing, but the second half made up for that and having seen the first few episodes of season 3, I kind of understand why the first half of the second season was mandatory.

SPOILER ALERT

I was sad Dale died, but won't really miss Lori. I'm still curious what the back-story of the Governor is in Season 3, I didn't trust him for 1 cent the moment I saw him... Why did he have to kill all those army guys, would they see through his plans (whatever they may be)? Feels kind of like hes running a sect.
  2. youreternalpyro

youreternalpyro New Member

Re: The Walking Dead TV-show *contains spoilers*

I didn't read the thread since I saw spoilers, but I do want to mention that playing the game has got me interested in watching the show and possibly looking into the comics. Wonder if I could find them online somewhere, possibly. Anyone have a nice place to start?
  3. poiuasd

poiuasd Well-Known Member

Re: The Walking Dead TV-show *contains spoilers*

Y'know, the sites that might stir some trouble between you and your ISP.
  4. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

SPOILER

I'm glad Lori and Shane are finally dead. I'm really not a fan of characters whose roll is simply to "create drama".

Felt bad for dale. Didn't really feel anything for T-Dog, since the only significant thing he did was leave Merle.

I don't think the governor really has a plan. I think he's just controlling and won't take in any group that could possibly overthrow his power.
    Last edited: November 27, 2012
  5. embox

embox Moderator Alumni

A serious post from Knickles? Now I've seen everything.
  6. knickles

I have a problem with The Walking Dead
  7. LennardF1989

SPOILER

T-Dog was pretty insignificant from the start, in season 2 he only said like 5 words spread over all episodes. Don't feel bad for him being gone - no connection, however, I do feel they kinda took the easy way out by making him die the way he did. Ever since he left Merle on the roof-top I was really interested in seeing how Merle would react when they saw each other again.

I really likef Shane as a character, he really went from bad-*** to someone you utterly hate. If they killed him in season 1, I would have been like "Why, he's awesome?!" whereas in season 2, I thought "Shame, but good riddance", that's good writing and acting on his part.

Lori I never liked at all, ever. Same goes for Carl, but I don't see the writers killing him off, unfortunately...

All in all, the fact you can actually hate/love character says something about the quality of acting.
  8. knickles

SPOILER

Yup, good acting.

Even in season 1 I wasn't a fan of Shane though. Sure he was was a badass, but you could tell what he was going to become by the time he aimed his gun at rick.

Never really had any problems with Carl. Sure, he does stupid things and tries to act like an adult, but that's to be expected from a kid in his situation imo.

Last episode was kind of disappointing for me. I expected them to break into the town, but it turned out to be one big setup episode. Hopefully things will get crazy in the next one. Also, I think someone important is going to die next episode. I'm guessing Merle, Daryl, Maggie, or Glenn
  9. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

SPOILERS

Cold, COLD COLD COLD.
  10. knickles

Hard Cold Killa
  11. LennardF1989

It's true, I didn't feel anything when he died. Hell, I saw it coming: "Oh, he's gonna be bit now and die the hero he was...".
  12. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

I like how the Govenor's gang is a parallel of Rick's. It even has an Asian guy and a black guy.
  13. knickles

Glenn needs more bad *** moments, like last episode.

[​IMG]
  14. iammclovin117

I saw him as the voice of reason, not getting into rick and lori's little spats and the drama, he was the smarts of the group.
  15. rikety

rikety New Member

Mid-season break after this week 'n games first season is done... shame.

Carol needs to get some more screentime. I want to see her angry for once.
  16. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

Carol annoyed me all the way up until this season. Lori still takes to cake for "the one I wanted to see die the most."

Last season, they had a mid-season finale revealing the whereabouts of Sophia. I hope they can top that.
  17. knickles

New York showing starts in an hour. Get pumped.
    Last edited: December 3, 2012
  18. knickles

FFS! NO CLOSURE AT ALL!

February 10th can't come soon enough.

SPOILERS

Yay, new "good guys"
    Carl had an MLG360N0SC0PE420 moment
    Damnit, I liked black prisoner.
    I wish the katana girl would have finished governor when she had the chance.
    I hope Andrea sticks up for Deryl and Meryl next episode.
    I want the governor to die already!
  19. iammclovin117

Fixed that for ya.
    Also they brought BEN from the game back.....
  20. knickles

Which one's ben?

I wouldn't be upset if Andrea died. She was a bitch to Dale and did a whole bunch of other stupid ****.