The username or password you entered is incorrect

Discussion in 'Support!' started by irollinson, September 20, 2014.

1. irollinson

irollinson New Member

Hello all,

just bought + installed PA looks great, unfortunately i have been unable to play it.

when i get to the PA launcher it will not recognize my login info, obviously my info is correct as im able to login to this forum and post.

I can only think its because my email has not been verified, every time i try to veriy it the UBER stor freezes. screen grab below

upload_2014-9-20_14-55-17.png
    Any help welcome!!!

Yoda
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

There seem to be issues with non-US keyboards. Can you try copy-pasting your password instead of typing it in?
  3. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Email verification isn't relevant to anything. Mine isn't even verified.
  4. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

The site really likes cookies. If you've recently changed your password, make sure to clear your browser of cookies, close, and try again. :)
  5. vhorees

vhorees New Member

Same with me. More bugs and garbage. It worked for a week after having a heck of a time getting the key to register and now this.

I am getting angry.
  6. DeathByDenim

So you used to be able to log into the launcher, but not anymore using the same password? Did you recently change the password or did it just stop working?
  7. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

@irollinson - it looks like you've been able to log in and play. Has it been working?

@vhorees - I can see you haven't played since Monday last week. You were recently given a Steam key, have you been able to log in with your Steam account?
  8. profanemarmot

profanemarmot New Member

I am having a similar issue.

1) I played yesterday
    2) I can login and post here, so the password I have is correct
    3) I copy-pasted my password into the game client
    3.5) I typed my password into the game client
    4) I did not change the username, it is saved from the last time I played (yesterday)

I get "The username or password you entered is incorrect".

I sad :-(
  9. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

@profanemarmot - Does your password have any special characters in it? It seems odd that you were able to play yesterday and you can log into the Forums, but that it doesn't recognize your password today. I don't think anything was done to the Launcher recently.
  10. profanemarmot

profanemarmot New Member

As it turns out my Kickstarter backer friend who provided me the key actually converted it to a Steam key.

So... I need to use steam now!

My bad, but thanks for looking into it.
  11. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Oh, ok! :) Please make sure your account is linked to your Steam account in order to play: https://uberent.com/user/linkedsteamaccount
  12. allanroy

allanroy New Member

Like many people here, I'm having appalling trouble trying to get past the wretched PA Launcher, which is constantly rejecting my User Name and Password as "Incorrect". I have reset my password several times, using the link emailed by Uber. Yet still the PA Launcher absolutely refuses to let me play the game, by rejecting my login details as incorrect.
    I have logged-in independently to my Uber Account to confirm it is active. I have logged into this site. I am at my wits end with this terrible, wretched logging-in process. All I want to do is play the dammed game! How do I get the stupid Launcher to accept my login details? Can anybody, please help?

AllanRoy.
  13. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

@allanroy - Did you purchase a retail disc of the game? If so, it sounds like your game key hasn't been activated yet.
    http://support.uberent.com/kb/faq.php?id=83

There are two 10-digit game keys printed on your game disc. The first 10-digit key is the game key and the second 10-digit key is a Commander code redeemable in-game in the Armory. (These codes were supposed to be labeled. We apologize for any confusion.)

Please enter the first 10-digit key here to activate the game to your account: https://store.uberent.com/download/pa

Once the game key has been activated to your account, you will be able to enter your username and password in the Launcher to play the game.
  14. allanroy

allanroy New Member

Yes, I do have the retail disc version, and I do thank you for your help - you were right, I did have to go to the website link you gave me and enter the Game Key Code to activate. But, although I appreciated your help, I have to say what an appalling installation routine. Without your help I would never have worked out what I was doing wrong.

Why wasn't this guidance given in the instructions!? Why didn't a dialog automatically pop-up, to prompt me to enter the Game Key Code during the installation routine!? When the Launcher rejected my login details as incorrect, why didn't it then prompt me to enter the Game Key Code!? Just a little more thought about a few simple things could have prevented a lot of user frustration and anger.

I've been installing and playing PC games for many years now, and this has been one of the worst examples of a badly botched installation procedure I've come across for a long while - and one that could have so easily have been prevented with just a little more thought.

AllanRoy.
  15. topcrazy

topcrazy New Member

Do you have any idea when offline will be available? I noticed that I can't log in when offline, and my internet isn't so good right now, making this a big problem for me.
    Is there a workaround of some sort I could use in the meantime?
  16. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

A few weeks ago ;)

Where exactly can't you login? To play offline you don't have to login, just start the game directly.
  17. DeathByDenim

Just keep in mind that the minimum requirements for the offline server are 8GB and at least a quad core processor. You can force it on by going to [SETTINGS] -> [SERVER], but if you are below the minimum requirements your mileage may vary of course.
    mkrater likes this.
  18. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

If there is no internet connection does the user need to force it as well?
  19. DeathByDenim

Yeah, I'm pretty sure, although I haven't tested it. I don't think PA tests for the availability of the internet connection.
  20. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

I can't argue with you on that. :( It is not a friendly experience for a first time user and we would like to update it.
    Out of curiosity, after downloading the file from the disc, were you not asked to enter your game key to activate it? If you were asked to enter a key and given the error, "invalid code", were you then able to bypass this error and create an account anyway or were you never asked to enter a key?