The TRASHTALKIN?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by fischbs, February 19, 2011.

1. fischbs

fischbs New Member

Doesn't anyone else feel like a good level of trashtalking makes this game so much more satisfying and competitive feeling? I love getting into a server, slinging some ****, pissing some people off and drawing some lines in the sand, literally staking claim to one side or the other for the remainder of all our grudge matches against one another.

It gets even better once you become familiar with the current server populace-- players' individual playstyles, favorite classes, etc. Gives the game another level of emotion; drumming up rivalries is where it's at, yo. ESPECIALLY with how awesome taunt is in this game (love dat extra $50).
  2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

As a general rule I don't trash talk or taunt - unless I know the other player or recognize a name from the forum. When I'm on Mumble (like Teamspeak only better) with a clan mate then I'll trash talk a little occasionally, it adds to the fun... :D
  3. Akutare

Akutare New Member

But taunting is so much fun when you just Bomb jumped halfway across the map to flatten that Sniper with a Charge that has been giving your whole team trouble. :lol:
  4. fischbs

fischbs New Member

Consistent taunting brings in the money mang.
  5. Cedar Tree

Cedar Tree New Member

Back in my younger days I used to talk trash occasionally, but today I rarely have anything to say :)
  6. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I absolutely heart the trash talk. ^_^

It's a metagame in itself - messing with your opponent's mind and making him lose his edge. I don't taunt enough in-game though.

I should try to rile teammates up too. Make a wager, for epeen, that I can earn more money than him in a match?
  7. Col_Jessep

I know I should taunt - I always forget! o_O

I'll taunt BulletMagnet instead: When will you finally move to a country without poisonous creatures who try to eat your face and decent ping so that we can play together BM!
  8. PKC

PKC New Member

trashtalking is fun with friends. doing it online with randoms just makes you a wanker.
  9. Col_Jessep

Hehe, I wouldn't put it like this but in 95% of the cases: yes. QFT! :lol:
  10. Mail

Mail New Member

Pretty much this.
  11. WylieTimes

WylieTimes New Member

Very much this.
  12. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

This.

I find it hilarious how some people lose focus so much and so easily because of it.
  13. FTP

FTP New Member

I don't really trash talk and indifferently dismiss any insults or the likes that are directed against my persona with a nose so high I can smell the clouds.

But exchange of extensive TT on our server generally ends with a boot.
    ....I love being an admin =w=

I DO pout alot though -3-
    Last edited: February 19, 2011
  14. Runie

Runie New Member

I like trying to help new players and then getting yelled at.
  15. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Yeah, I'll do that too. Point out that Tank > Assassin, LB suck, and that killing bots is the way to go.

That said, I am prone to raging when my team doesn't do those things.
  16. FTP

FTP New Member

I believe it's already established as given point that no excellent enemy team can make people rage as much as having a rather bad team yourself.

After all... if you have a good team and the other team is just better you get a thrilling and challenging round. If the enemy team is merely above average and your team is terrible... well, I guess I made my point :I
  17. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

Very, very yes...
  18. Mail

Mail New Member

I think the only thing that will make me rage is if two guys go support so I switch at the beginning at the game, then they suck at it or rage quit so I'm stuck into my current role unless I want to lose all that investment. Being stuck on a supportless team against a team with supports can be frustrating in the truest sense.
  19. FTP

FTP New Member

I feel with you on that one.
    It's the primary reason I always (feel forced to) play support.

On that note:
    [​IMG]

The first one saying, that it doesn't net them any money will be sit on!

I would LOVE to play sniper or assassin once in a while as well... but I refuse to pick any class not needed depending on team setup... and for SOME reason assassin and sniper are quickly picked... whaddayagonnado...
  20. ohknee

ohknee New Member

I call anyone playing Gunner or Tank an easy mode scrub repeatedly until they try really hard to induce some kind of discomfort in me through clever dialogue of you mad and whatnot.

It usually distracts them long enough for me to find one of them and attach an air strike to their face.