The top assault guys

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by IPUR3 EVIL, January 13, 2011.

1. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Just wanted to ask the people who are considered "The best assault guys" what builds you use and why.

Thanks.
  2. Miracle

Miracle New Member

Miracle/smokez-armour/Rof/acc
    kckzi-armour/skill/acc
    xeno-rof/acc/crit
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I can only speak for those who I've played against more then once.

kckzi-armour/skill/acc (copied Miracle I don't know his build off hand)
    Ninja Wallace - Armor/RoF/Health Recovery
    Billy Rueben - Crit/RoF/Clip
  4. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

5. DonnyD

DonnyD New Member

I've recently have been making an effort to get better at Assault, spurred on by Xeno and some guys I play with. Personally, I've found it's easier to have two different Assault setups. I always start out with Armor/RoF/Acc. This build makes the AR my crutch early on until I can level up my skills. Depending on how the game goes (aka if my team is dominating), I might use that build the whole match.

Usually, once I have Bomb 3, I switch over to Armor/Skill/Acc. This build is AMAZING at being a huge nuisance. I can throw Bombs like they're beads at Mardi Gras. I never seem to run out of Jetpack. And Charge is always ready. Sure the decreased fire rate is a bummer on the GL, but not that bad on the AR. Def my favorite Assault build, but kinda difficult early on, for me at least.

\your mileage may vary
  6. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Yeah, my play style is different to yours, i like to use the assault rifle for most of my kills, saying that i do appreciate that the assault class is all about his combined skills making him better with each upgrade but i just like to use the gun.

If there is a team of assassins though i will charge the **** out of them thats for sure, thanks for your comment. Love the avatar.
  7. MagnumVeritan

MagnumVeritan New Member

I wouldn't suggest this against better players but if you play mostly with randoms I often will run Armor/rof/clip size.

Against most folks your own aiming ability is a much bigger deal than the advantages accuracy gives. The added clip size is just a perk for when:

- you pounce on heavies (finishing off a gunner with one clip instead of risking needing a reload just at the time he finally turns his gun your way or reloading fewer times on tanks)

- assaults seem to be multiplying like crazy lately. And its pretty funny to watch some of these guys get into a running-shooting match with you and then fall apart when they need to reload and you are still unloading into them. If you position yourself close enough through your mobility you can lower the advantage some of the accuracy users have on you.

- you have bad luck or bad aim on that support who's draining you right after you use your charge (and thus can't just get instant distance), you get a few more bullets to finish them off instead of reloading while they heal off you.

Again, just a fun pub build.
  8. kckzi

kckzi New Member

I hate that people can see my class since the DLC...

Before the DLC, when people asked what I ran, I always responded with "Gold juice, silver reload speed, and bronze speed".
  9. Bezique

Bezique New Member

I'm all for helping the little guy. May the ignorant learn from you
  10. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

I would never run your build because I'm not good enough to do so and be effective, so you probably shouldn't worry.
  11. Grec

Grec New Member

RoF/Acc/Crit, Slayer Assault. The best with finesse.

:cool:
  12. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

I don't think I qualify as good, but I run RoF/Acc/Armor.
  13. Grec

Grec New Member

replace armor with crit. Your juice runs and crits will be even more powerful from the fact that you can upgrade passive crits, and you have a high RoF and a high enough chance to crit.
  14. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Your assisstance is welcomed.
  15. Grec

Grec New Member

Bronze armor is not going to help you much with a assault slayer build anyways.
  16. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

Wouldn't consider myself a top assault, but Rof/Armor/Acc works very well.
  17. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Oh come on Tiger don't doubt yourself you're an awesome Assault you just play a different style but equally effective Assault then most. :D If I had put a forth player it would have been you.
    :ugeek:
  18. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

It'll help a lot more than crit. Otherwise, clip size.
  19. Grec

Grec New Member

NO U
  20. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

Even Xeno says he doesn't think bronze crits does anything. It's like bronze juice.

Clip size rules.