The team with the Moneyball down has stronger bots.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Overgear, April 4, 2011.

1. Overgear

Overgear New Member

My friend mentioned this to me and it seemed like a good idea.
    As it stands, as soon as the money ball goes down their bots get half the health making them fodder and not a threat. They wont be helping to get the shields back up since they can be destroyed in one or 2 shots.

So we propose that when the moneyball goes down, the attacking team gets the weaker bots to give the defenders more of a chance to pick it back up. I understand it makes sense for your bots to be weaker but it doesnt do anything to help you defend or have an attack against them.

Any thoughts?
  2. Runie

Runie New Member

No.You shouldn't get advantages for losing.
  3. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

It makes sense objectively, but if you really think about the consequences the idea wouldn't really work. If you are losing you should be exerting more effort yourself! This would cause games to be very "stalematey" and bot pushing would be less important since you're probably just going to overtime anyway.
  4. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

Whilst you mean well, I have to disagree. With a combination of
    Rewarding bad play has always been something I am strongly against in video games. Such as Death streaks from MW2 etc. I just don't think it will help.

I was thinking too, if controlled well enough, it could be a bigger problem as Assassins and Snipers will have more hits in on bots creating faster juice than they already do. That's something I definitely don't want.
  5. 1avatar1

1avatar1 New Member

Let me paraphrase something I heard from the Team Fortres 2 development blog
    When a game ends in a draw, both teams feel they lost.
    The mechanic in TF2 means that the team that is doing badly (on their final control point) have slower respawns and the other team gets boosted cap rate. What this does is speeds up a finish where one side is obviously losing. MNC bots spawn weaker with a downed moneyball for similar reasons

TL;DR Noone likes a stalemate, get a losing game finished.
  6. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Hmm, I assumed the respawn times changed to compensate for the distances each team had to travel

Could be both I guess
  7. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

i agree with what Runie says

your shields are down because you and your team made a mistake, and therefore you deserve a loss; if the enemy makes a mistake and fails to secure the win, then you deserve a comeback
  8. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

"We are bad, so the game should compensate for us!"

Nope.avi

If you want to push while you are losing, PUSH YOUR ******* BOTS, don't just camp in base like you were doing to get your moneyball dropped to begin with.

/thread