The Taunt discuss it.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Drizydraker0ger, December 9, 2010.

1. Drizydraker0ger

Drizydraker0ger New Member

Do you do it to anger? Or was your opponent pissing you off so much when you finally had the kill you had to taunt. My personal preference. I'm not going to taunt. I don't need the cheap money there's people who can backstab me. Plus i use every second im afforded to throw bombs or charge as an assault. Every second counts esp since i can push back 2-3 sets of bets in the one taunt i just did. So as the topic. Discuss to or to not taunt that is the question. Btw do not flame or troll. Don't got nothing to say on the topic then get out.
  2. krunkthuzad

krunkthuzad New Member

I taunt after every kill if I'm able to, especially with the support. The shotgun taunt is;

A) hilarious.
    B) free money, and its faster then most taunts as well.
    C) induces rage. Nothing beats two kills and two tauntz to that assassin that has a personal grudge against you, nothing makes them quit faster.

Why wouldn't you taunt? Get paid yo.
  3. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

I taunt for the money. Strictly utilitarian. More money for skills, turrets, bots. People who get upset over it are taking the game way too personally.
  4. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

Deja vu.
  5. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I taunt when I pull of a kill and end up in relative safety, which is increasingly rare as a jet gun tank.

Always taunt after bouncer kills, since they count as grapples. Gives you 100 total not counting streaks.
  6. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

You get more money depending on what your enemy did?

I do it on my first kill. They rage the whole game but jokes on them I camp at my turrets so when they kill me they die straight away.
  7. kckzi

kckzi New Member

42000+ kills and I don't even have all the taunting protags (highest is only 250).
  8. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

I'm sure a couple of the kills you got on me yesterday didn't get taunted for strictly utilitarian reasons.
  9. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

Haw Haw, Jen got called out. :p
  10. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

Any taunts on you are the taunts of the people. The citizens for the liberation of the airstrike. Viva la airstrike!

Those games were fun yesterday...I like tank bumpercars! You should have stuck around, Scathis, for our sniper grapple / melee / scramblers only game. Scramblers are skurry!!!
  11. HI IM SNARF

HI IM SNARF New Member

I'm with that one guy. I taunt every kill I can because it gets me more money and makes me more likely to win the game. It's nothing personal.

That being said, if it's obvious that somebody is getting mad about my taunting, I'm much more likely to be a **** to them because it's funny. Sometimes me, Jon, and Scented Midget will pull triple taunts on people. After one of us gets the kill, the other two will stand right next to him and we'll all taunt. It's also funny to taunt next to a turret if it kills somebody with juice.
  12. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

QFT. Kill money is like minimum wage. Supplement that income, son!

I enjoy taunting. I enjoy enemy Snipers (often on the ***-end of the map) who see me and think "oh emm gee ?Sniper fiiiiiiiiiight?!! <3 im gunna win u!" and then proceed to miss wildly while I ding them. Each time they go back to their spot to give you a run for your money, and you strafe and quickscope bots elsewhere without even batting an eyelash at their bullets, then aim at them and kill, you taunt, and they become angrier and angrier until...

and this is the best part:

they get so angry that they rush the juice machine, spend all the money they've earned on juice, and suicide your position, only to run into the ice trap you laid out just for him!

DING!

Then they switch to Assassin and pour whatever funds they have left into cloak and focus on you unsuccessfully for the rest of the match.

This is what taunting is all about. If I kill someone who thought he could just hold RT and hold the left analog stick straight up to kill me, I WILL TAUNT. I won't take cover and taunt, nor will I only taunt in safety. If I kill a Gunner or Assault 1-on-1 with my SMG in the bot pit, I will taunt in the bot pit as I'm being pew-pew'd off this mortal coil. It feels good. The thrill of a possible assassination gets my juices flowing.
  13. rhineville

rhineville Member

I always forget to taunt, except when I pull off something skillful or hard-fought. Then it just looks like I'm being a wiener rather than just being reminded of the opportunity.
  14. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

Well said. These situations are great, even though I taunt after nearly every kill.
  15. JuniorBarnes

JuniorBarnes New Member

Ever since I started playing MNC my negative rep has skyrocketed from 0 to 31%.

People need to stop being so over-sensitive about taunting. It's an integral game mechanic, for Cantor's sake.
  16. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

I only do it if I know the person I killed, or if I plain old have enough time and space to.
  17. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

If I am sniping and I kill some poor soul 4-5 times as a Tank or Gunner, and they switch to a Sniper to try and out snipe me, then I will taunt them when I kill them again. It makes no sense to be killed by one guy 5+ times, then think "I'm gonna change to sniper and kill this guy."

But I also do taunt early game, that $50 is very nice early game.
  18. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

Taunt for the money, double taunt for the embarrassment.
  19. SHOW YOUR HEART

SHOW YOUR HEART New Member

Ha.
  20. IxX DANN XxI

IxX DANN XxI New Member

I'll taunt after every kill as a support as he seems to do it the quickest with the shotgun. I will also taunt if they start taunting at me so I will have to do it back :)