The Tank: Alternate Sniper?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by TrunkJunky, August 15, 2010.

1. TrunkJunky

TrunkJunky New Member

I've been playing as the Tank recently and it's a lot of fun charging into people and lighting up the field of battle (pun intended). However, I can't help but notice how precise you have to be when using his weapons.

For one, his JET GUN THINGIE has VERY limited range and requires near-perfect precision to hit your target. On top of that, it doesn't seem to do much damage unless you can somehow stick to your opponent like glue around corners and off the sides of bridges.

On the other hand, his RAILGUN has a crosshair that's no bigger than the Sniper's pinky, and without the ability to aim down the sights, puts you at even MORE of a risk trying to use it. Not to mention it only fires off a shot once every 2 - 3 seconds or so and does mediocre damage.

So my question to you is this:

Why does a slow, clunky class like the Tank need pin-point accuracy to dispatch enemies WHILE ON THE FRONT LINES?

Makes sense to me this does not. :roll:

(Sniping/Camping as the Tank feels out of character and rarely pays off)
    Last edited: August 15, 2010
  2. MethTicalSR

MethTicalSR New Member

Sniping bad snipers with my railgun is probably one of the most rewarding feelings in the game for a tank.
  3. ABAGOFWETSAND

ABAGOFWETSAND New Member

I love doing the same to those pesky snipers.

"sniper, no sniping"
  4. Gibbs

Gibbs New Member

His main gun is very easy to use and has plenty of ammo.

His secondary gun is their for long range battles when you happen to be in one...usually you don't want to be in these fights unless fighting a gunner it works well.
  5. Tigerfox 360

Tigerfox 360 New Member

flame thrower? grenade launcher?!

jet gun

railgun! (grenade launcher?! seriously?)

i question it alittle too, but being focused too heavily on close range makes you rather predictable.
  6. Sir_Undead

Sir_Undead New Member

He's like a bear, a big unshaved bear that hates people!

"When this beard talks, everyone's dead."

I agree with you the precision is a bit extreme, but that guy takes more damage than the moneyball. Remember, he can deploy which might help your range out some. I don't play Tank though so my experience is slightly limited.
  7. Warskull

Warskull New Member

Deploying is a probably a bad move with the railgun, it will get you sniped very quickly.
  8. AssassinsGoneWild

AssassinsGoneWild New Member

Not if your target is bunny jumping Halo style =P
  9. devorax

devorax Member

[​IMG]
  10. AssassinsGoneWild

AssassinsGoneWild New Member

Best picture ever.
  11. Audiotistik

Audiotistik New Member

Why does dora look like stewie when she's shot
  12. fatMasticator

fatMasticator New Member

i used to work at a daycare... one of the 3 year olds saw Dora the Explorer for the first time and mistook "Swiper" for "Sniper". She spent the entire recess period running around the gym screaming "SNIPER!". We were one war veteran short of a very bad scene.
  13. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

Oh man that would be the funniest thing to see. :lol: Hope everyone was okay.
  14. nodoctors

nodoctors New Member

As much as I adore sniping like every other arrogant video game douche, I started off with the railgun back in quake 2. I might have to start playing some tank for this very reason. I have yet to see the amount of damage the railgun does, but if it can two shot people, I'd be in heaven. Can anybody confirm on the damage?
  15. Sunabozu

Sunabozu New Member

No, the railgun doesn't do a ton of damage though it can decently harass some of the lighter armored classes.

The tank has it so he isn't completely useless at long ranges and so he can soften up Pros and Bots on the way in and out. It's his secondary weapon for a reason but a Tank that doesn't utilize his railgun at all is really missing the full potential of the class.
  16. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

IMO, the rail gun is primarily useful for finishing off people who escape the range of the jet gun low on health