The Support HH Gun

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by karr1z4j2, October 15, 2010.

1. karr1z4j2

karr1z4j2 New Member

Has anyone else noticed how the Support's HH Gun won't quickly register switches between Heal and Hurt, or that it will pick a target off to the side instead of the one being aimed at.

Support was my main class. One of my favorite tactics was rolling with a group of bots and rapidly changing from one to the other to keep them all well healed.
    I can no longer do this.

I don't know if this is intentional or not all i have to say is that I don't like it and I hope it is changed and or fixed soon.
  2. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

The inability to quickly switch between targets is known and unintended behavior.
  3. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

thank goodness :)
  4. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

In addition, if you manage to switch quickly between heal targets, the beam will show up, and so will the sound, but your target is not getting healed. This is from before the title update though, so still hasn't been fixed... or acknowledged...

But yes. The update fixed the shotgun, but messed up the hh gun targeting :(
  5. Beastleh

Beastleh New Member

The Support is dead now. i'd pick a new main class bro.. lol
  6. AARPS

AARPS New Member

Ever since the patch it seems like upgrading from passive 2 to 3 actually makes the overheal less effective, at least on bots. With gold ROF and passive 2 I can usually get a blackjack more than halfway overcharged before they leave base, with passive 3 I can barely get them halfway if I walk them to the moneyball and heal them the entire way. Is anyone else seeing this?

Also keep having people regen health while the Hurt beam is locked on them!! It has happened since the patch but more today.
  7. MojoTeq

MojoTeq New Member

"fixed" the shotgun? I'd say it is more broken than ever. It is way too strong.
  8. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

The shotgun hits are now registering, whereas before, half the time they would fail to register.

A shotgun is meant to be deadly at close range, and it is. All anyone has to do is put some distance between themselves and the Support and finish him with their weapons. The support's shotgun is then rendered useless. He then has to resort to airstrikes, if he has any or the HHgun which takes a long time to kill. Support is limited to mid range combat at most with his HHgun. Other classes as long as they have a line of sight can kill.

Therefore, shotgun is fine.

I do wish the HHgun had direct targeting, and not try to predict what you want to heal. What I aim at is what I want to heal/hurt.
  9. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

If I am a Tank with Silver Armor and Passive 2 and a Support is able to charge me head on with the shotgun out with no fear I'd say it's a bit overkill. When you see more players being Support running shotguns like they are unstoppable then you know something isn't right. As a tank you don't really run from many Pros but post-patch I find myself running away and hoping not to see a Support.