The support class is insanely overpowered

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Payattention, August 13, 2010.

1. Payattention

Payattention New Member

Being support is a noob class. Same goes for assasion, requires no aim. And the strategy is minimal unless you are remedial. The healing effect has no cooldown. How tough and your turret heals you weeeeee.
  2. hksonx

hksonx New Member

The game is released for only a few days, people have been already started abusing the Support class.

Here is what a Support can basically do
    1.Heal and give extra health to teamates
    2.generate the Juice bar just by healing shits(supports always have a full juice bar ready)
    3.airstirke kills instantly and have 3 shots (seriously?)
    4.build a turrent next to them making backstab impossible (the turrent can even heal the player)
    5.heal gun - infinite ammo,autoaim , shotgun - very good in close range

General strategy is put a turrent next to yourself and start spamming airstrike.
    You can net tons of kills just by doing that.
    Sooner or later your opponents will come for revenge.
    However with your turrent(which is able to heal you),full juice bar and a shotgun/heal gun, you will just own everything come in your way.

Conclusion:
    The support class dominates in any range and is able to heal teamates.
    The only counter to support is support.
    At least you can one shot a support's turrent with a single airstrike.
    Seriously this class needs to be nerfed asap
  3. Briq

Briq New Member

While this is a poorly thought out and misinformed thread, I'll still reply as if it wasn't. It's possible for any class to beat a support 1v1 if they play to their advantage and use their head. Air strikes are powerful, but take about 4-5 seconds to drop and have a visual effect showing the range and drop location. It's very hard to hit an aware player with them unless you stick them, which is difficult to do. If you play a tank or gunner, try to flank and catch them at close range. The jet flame and minigun kill support in under a second at close range. If you're an assassin then go for a backstab and if you can't get one, don't try. If you're an assault, pepper them with your rifle at medium range and charge if they get too close.

As far as their turret, you have to choose to die to that, they can't make you. It's immobile and takes probably 6-7 seconds to initially deploy before it will start shooting. This is more than enough time to get out of its range before you die. There are a lot of counters to the turret, such as the assault's secondary, the tank's secondary, the gunner's secondary, the sniper rifle. If you're one of the players that just runs out and smooshes their buttons without really thinking, I can see how you'd have trouble with support, but they really aren't much trouble.
  4. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

By your logic the assassin is also overpowered.

Invisible - Can barely be seen.
    Instakill assassination grapple. lvl3

Support is not overpowered.

Think rock paper scissors, every class is good against some, and bad against others.
  5. cazoofoo

cazoofoo New Member

I don't think that the support is overpowered but I do think that te shotgun is a bit redundent, yes it can do ridiculously high damadge at close range, but the hurtgun can provide continous healing to yourself while you jump and flap about like a lunatic maing it very hard to hit, (Hilarious, since you can actually net alot of kills against assassins this way :lol: )
  6. hksonx

hksonx New Member

tank is a counters of assassin
    but there is no counter for support
    Support + juice just rapes anything in close range
    in long range,airstrike owns
  7. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

I don't think that Support is overpowered, but one thing that DEFINITELY needs a change:

When overhealing anything, it should take 3-4x as long. Nothing worse than an overhealed Jackbot.
  8. nailhead04

nailhead04 New Member

Jackbots take insanely long to overheal. i usually don't even see a difference when i heal a full healthed jackbot...and no support is NOT overpowered.
    The cooldown with gold skill recovery for airstrikes is pretty long and unless they stick you (which honestly i think is a little easier than it should be) there is no excuse to get killed. I kill so many people with airstrikes cause they just sit there and don't even move when its near them.
    As for the healing from your firebase you have to be basically sitting on it to get healed and 3-4 mortar shots will take an overhealed base out.
    If you play smart and understand your class and the role you need to play in a match you will succeed much more.
  9. hksonx

hksonx New Member

try face a team with 4+ support
    everyone has double hp and your whole base is overwhelmed by airstrike
  10. nailhead04

nailhead04 New Member

Yeah that sounds kinda brutal. Just get your whoel team to go gunner and mortal the hell out of everybody.
  11. hksonx

hksonx New Member

the main problem is the airstrike
    it is like the noobtube in call of duty
    i think it shouldnt be a 1 hit kill
  12. Imsoooometal

Imsoooometal New Member

Support is fine. You should be pushing lanes. Not worrying about getting close enough for a turret to kill you. The turret takes a crapton of time to drop. I can't tell you how many times even bots kill it before it's fully deployed. The shotgun is only good close range. And I mean CLOOOOSE RANGE...which makes it hell for assassins that aren't playing their class correctly.
  13. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

Again, I don't think the Support class is INSANELY overpowered. But they do need to look at some tweaks for the Support Class. Why?

Unlike any other class, Support are necessary to have on a team in order to win. AND they get better in multiples. They need to be looked at for this reason. Specifically, their turret needs to be tweaked as does their ability to overheal turrets and allies.

I wonder if Uber has the ability to look at how often classes get played and stats like that.
  14. nailhead04

nailhead04 New Member

No class is necessary to win.
  15. B3NH0LD3N

B3NH0LD3N New Member

The only problem I have with the support class is the heal/hurt gun because if a support class goes aroung with a gunner they can make it all the way to the other teams base without any problems as the support will constantly heal the gunner making him near impossible to kill so I think the heal/hurt gun should heat up the more it's used and have a cooldown time if it is overheaded by being used constantly for too long
  16. Nightmare

Nightmare New Member

You can say every class is overpowered in the right hands, you just gotta know how to counter them - it's not hard.

If you the same way twice (Support in the corner with a turret) Get a Sniper and sneak up on them and throw one of those flax things in. Or use the assults grenade launcher, or the Gunners mortar or just snipe the turret from range...it's not rocket science -.-
  17. Kinarion

Kinarion New Member

In my experience, they are several good support counters.

If a support is out in the open, anyone can take him out.

If a support is behind cover with a turret, the gunner slam will near kill the turret and will usually take the support out of heal range. Then it's just mop-up.

The assassin is effective against support. Full stop. Judicious use of smoke bomb and dash is all it takes.

As to the air drop, I love it. I love the sneaky tactics you can use to take out people overhead, and how you can survive being stuck if you run under a platform. It's a wonderful area defense weapon, the support's bread and butter.

I'm not sure if I think it should instant kill or not. It's definitely very powerful, but it's also obviously telegraphed. I think we need to wait and see if people learn to adapt and move out of its way.
  18. Ronin Tetsuro

Ronin Tetsuro New Member

Playing an experienced player that knows his class role != Class is overpowered.

/thread
  19. AssassinsGoneWild

AssassinsGoneWild New Member

This, Snipers counter Support, it's fairly simple to get Firebase kills with the Sniper Rifle at range.

For everyone else, watch out for airstrikes (which yeah, I don't think should be one hit kills but whatever) and switch to your long range weapon. Also, as the Assault it's possible to use your bomb to knock back a Support and finish off a Firebase when the Support is out of range to heal the turret.
  20. Briq

Briq New Member

If they lowered the damage on airstrikes they'd have to speed up the drop time, it really isn't hard to avoid them at all. I've played about 55 games and can count on one hand the number of times I've died to air strikes. My first few games were 3 of the 5 I remember. After I learned what it was and what to look for it's just a matter of moving out of the way.