The stupidness of bandcamp[closed]

Discussion in 'Support!' started by sycspysycspy, December 7, 2014.

1. sycspysycspy

sycspysycspy Active Member

The code can only be redeemed once and if your download fails due to a certain reason.That's it...
  2. sycspysycspy

Btw what was the format of the OST downloaded? MP3 or flac?
  3. Lextoc

Lextoc Member

4. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I'm pretty sure you can choose between MP3 and FLAC.
    squishypon3 and sycspysycspy like this.
  5. Lextoc

Lextoc Member

Woops, I thought his signature was the actual post. Here I sat, questioning why he double posted...
    mishtakashi likes this.
  6. sycspysycspy

Thanks that is very helpful
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  7. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Imo you should get 3 dl per code as per policy of other services such as Google music or Spotify. One download is susceptible to problems.
    squishypon3 and sycspysycspy like this.
  8. sycspysycspy

It was my bad, I closed my browser accidentally when the downloading is still in progress... when I opened the browser once again, the download can not be continued. And that is 178 mb or something, i guess it's mp3 as for flac it would be way larger than that. I don't see any options for me to choose between flac and mp3 either... I have sent an request for a new code and see how...(and after 30mins still no reply) Anyway I am pissed... I will go some torrent site and see if i could find one there. Thanks for all your concern.
  9. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Mp3-Download is 171 MiB , FLAC is 411 MiB!

Concerning that torrent site: Don´t you think this is kind of an overreaction?! It´s sunday (!) and you´ve only waited thirty minutes (!!!) :eek:

Oh, and concerning the selection between those two types: Click on mp3 once and all will be fine and selectable...
    maxcomander and sycspysycspy like this.
  10. sycspysycspy

In 10 mins I will complete the download ... It's the first time I using the bandcamp, I don't have a fan account and I will never have one. Maybe things will be better if you have an account? yeah ? no? whatever, I don't care anymore.
  11. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

If you use torrents you will probably get hacked, there's no such thing as a free lunch. ;)
    thetrophysystem and maxpowerz like this.
  12. sycspysycspy

After waited for 2 days, they still havent reply my 1st request and 1 day to my 2nd. Wondering why uber not redeem the OST on itune steam or whatever...

Bandcamp sucks.
  13. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

@mkrater I'm sure someone of your high calibre can sort this out :)
  14. sycspysycspy

As the “PAID” lunch failed to fill my stomach, I have to find an alternate way to work things out. And lucky me I have torrent a few TBs of "free launch" without being hacked.
  15. trialq

trialq Post Master General

There are many things wrong with this comment.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  16. maxcomander

I can only go on my personal experience in that I have been "hacked" myself. Funny thing was I had no idea I had been hacked until I happened to check the Ip logs on my eve online account and found someone else had been logging into my account from Greece.

Unless you are a hacker yourself, chances are you won't even know it.

You certainly won't catch me going any where near any kind of filesharing ever again.
    Last edited: December 9, 2014
  17. maxcomander

I'm only trying to warn the dude from my own personal experience...Like to tell me what's so wrong with that?
  18. trialq

trialq Post Master General

There is nothing wrong with your intent, but "trying to warn the dude from my own personal experience" did not come across at all. Read your original comment and tell me it's not spreading FUD for no apparent reason.
  19. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

I saw the requests on Monday when I came in and responded. I'm worried that you haven't received my email yet @sycspysycspy - it was sent Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 10:42 AM PST.

The bandcamp codes are one-time use codes. If you create a bandcamp account before downloading, the album will remain on your bandcamp account where you can access it later. If there's ever an issue with the code, there's a link in bandcamp that will send an email to us. I only work Mon - Fri, but I reply pretty quickly to these requests.
    sycspysycspy and cdrkf like this.
  20. maxcomander

Read it, seems to me like I was giving a warning about the possibility of getting hacked by using torrents. apology's if it didn't come across like that...I'm not known for my communication skills.:)

Can I ask what's FUD btw?