The PA Compliment Sandwich: A Proudest Moments and Biggest Frustration Thread

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by underscore1112, March 2, 2016.

1. underscore1112

underscore1112 Member

Lately I've been lurking these forums more often than actually the game. In hopes of facilitating something interesting and possibly touching to read, i thought we could all share with each other 3 things:
    1. What was your proudest moment in PA?
    2. What do you think you have acheived while playing PA, whether it be self improvement or game related skill or both?
    3. What is one thing that could improve your experience of PA going forward?
  2. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

1. PAX
    2. Lasting friendships and perhaps some confidence
    3. Larger player base for more diverse games ..... and a better computer
    xankar, cdrkf and elodea like this.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

There we're always 2 series of games growing up that made me want to upgrade my hardware... Chris Roberts space sims and any RTS title with John Mavor on the development team haha.

Looks like nothing has changed :)
    wpmarshall likes this.
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

really tough one. so many options I could go with : having dual-championed the choice to switch over to strat view together with @Culverin
    having brought back colored fab spray from the abyss into f**king vanilla no less
    having popularized a bunch of other mods and mods in general
    having made a mod I'm very proud of the way a father is of his son
    having tech-supported so many newcomers
    having generated to completion the biggest planet to date and having set the record for planet size played on in multiplayer.

I'll go with having participated (and lost first round x'D ) in the Cloak and Danger tourney. I dunno you said "proudest". I was proud then still am. it was a great time and I don't regret it.
    learned how to mod and use github. used to hate github now I teach everyone in my programming university how to use it and I love it.
    radar blips. scale. better thread and core scaling.
  5. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

1) Modding
    2) Modding
    3) Modding
    4) Modding
    andreasgg, elodea, huangth and 4 others like this.
  6. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

1. While not a moment but moments having huge stream #'s when 10K streams would show up and I could teach 250,421,150 people howto play PA and what it is all about is always a great time.

2. While I haven't improved as a player and would honestly say I have gotten worse because of it. Casting with @wpmarshall @Quitch @Sorian (RIP) @luckyred @otterfamily and many other people has be awesome, but also having the biggest stream in PA. While many people are good at PA I'm decent enough and am able to bring and retain people for PA keep has been honestly the coolest thing ever because it allowed me to make the MBC and do so much more for others and myself.

3.The only thing that improve my situation is more people, I want to have another PAX at some point and to do that we need people. The game is good and with the modding community still active as well as the reddits, YT's, and other places still making content all we need now is people to enjoy all of it :)
    andreasgg likes this.
  7. underscore1112

underscore1112 Member

1. My proudest moment in PA was getting to uber rank after a ton of practice. Today I can stand toe to toe to those who i looked up to and mentored me.

2. I think from my experience i have learned a lot about my flaws, and discovered a plethora of my strengths. I always wanted to be one of the best at something, and when I do something, I expect the very best from myself.
    I started streaming less than a year ago and though I have not seen the growth i want, i've seen more than i had ever expected. Though recent events in my life have left me acting quite brooding and cynical, through a mutual interest in a game, i've reconnected with my love for others, and just generally being a social person.
    Though this is more about streaming than PA, both these things have been quite closely intertwined. There has not been a day i've taken off since i've started streaming, and i could not be more proud that I've been able keep myself so relentlessly dedicated.
    You see in PA you'll come across a lot of daunting situations, and in order to get better, you have to keep exposing yourself to these stressful situations. I haven't felt comfortable in front of a camera for years.
    I think to sum it up, my overall experience has helped me get reacquainted of my outgoing side. A lot of people of the community have reached out and found me, collaborated, and just helped me better enjoy life.

3. Ehhh, if i could change one thing, it would be the servers. My favorite part of the game is its size, which really cant be handled all that well, i suppose.
    Nicb1, andreasgg and elodea like this.
  8. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

+1 for self thread XD
    underscore1112 likes this.
  9. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

1. When a tourney runs flawless, so many fun moments.
    2. Getting to know a lot of crazy people, picking up new coding tricks
    3. @xankar enabling pastats during tournaments
    tatsujb, Nicb1, g0hstreaper and 7 others like this.
  10. jomiz

jomiz Active Member

I once won elodea, he was trolling but it still counts as win.
    Last edited: March 3, 2016
    Nicb1 and elodea like this.
  11. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

That's Elodea's excuse every time he looses :p
    Nicb1 and elodea like this.
  12. xankar

xankar Post Master General

1. Integrating myself as a member in the community all those years ago with the old irc chat. That's when PA really started to get fun. But really my proudest moment or I should say it still is, is again getting to know all you guys. Here's to hoping familiar faces will be seen all around for the future of PA and for grand strategy RTS to come.

2. I have achieved many titles, with the latest of being acknowledged by the guys on the realm teamspeak as "God" and as such I bestow upon them my blessings. As long as offering aplenty is given.

3. Managing to enable PA stats more consistently. Getting praised by @proeleert when I successfully manage to enable PA stats, pure bliss.
    Last edited: March 3, 2016
    tunsel11, proeleert and andreasgg like this.
  13. andreasgg

andreasgg Well-Known Member

Damn man... This made me cry. Strong to hear what you have to say on point two. **** this is why I love being heavily involved in pas community!! Lots of amazing people who can turn a bad day good, or a bad year into a good year. To be able to sit down and forget about life for some hours with people from around the globe is amazing.
    Stay strong Annihilator. I have lots of good memories from your stream :)
    Furballman and xankar like this.
  14. Furballman

Furballman Member

1. Everytime I don't crash before loading into the system (anyone who's played with me will know this)
    2. I think I've greatly improved my German ( thanks VoW, even if you guys can be a bit harsh :p ) and I have met some awesome people! Playing this game really has been something special!
    3. Again I just want to see more people enjoy this game!
    tunsel11 and cdrkf like this.
  15. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

1. helping PA happening in the first place meeting many great people in the forum
    2. playing the beta and contributing ideas with other forumusers
    3. better orbital play (multiunittransports and orbital carriers)
    and more players ... other than some unitpatching and ballancing the game is pretty solid
    Last edited: March 28, 2016