The Noobie thread

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Alpha2546, February 17, 2016.

1. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Welcome to the noobie thread. So what are we going to talk about? I want to talk about the most noobiest noobies in pa history and the story with how you found out that they were a true noob.

Now before you want to spazz out with salty memories I want to keep it clean in a way so that no name calling is happening. They're still noobs after all and they probably have to learn the game.

To kick it off I remember three situations where one of em still is bloody rage inducing.

1. So I play a game with a random and I was pretty happy with him in the lobby. He talked and was nice and we had fun (butterflies and all). Then the game started and he even told me that I should build enough powerplants so that the energy won't be in the gutter. In short I new I had someone good on my team. Then the game started and I was doing my thing and he was doing his except a few minutes ingame he went AFK and didn't do ANYTHING. Whatsup with that? Why would you join a game and go afk? I still have hope that he was AFK cause if he was actually playing then it probably was with his little pinky (ONLY his little pinky). Eventually lategame he talked again and I mopped up the game. Had to cry a bit after it. Crying in fetal position helped though.
    2. Awh yeah I felt for another try. Had another random joining however this one wasn't talking to me. I felt a bit scared since it kinda was an awful silent moment. Anyways I fired up the game and the game started. The dude/girl/whatever was starting out with a factory so thats always exciting to see. I sure was feeling hyped after I saw that. Unfortunately he didn't really expanded so I was kinda bummed. Still I had hope he would grab some metals on his sides so I didn't bothered and I continued doing my thing. So midgame/lategame I tell him to grab some metals on his side and he says this "Yeah I'll do that when I've killed them both". I sure was flabbergasted and facepalmed hard after this. I was speechless so I took the matter into my own hands and thus I ordered one of my airfabbers to grab the metals that he neglected to grab. Game continues and eventually I'm in the base of the opponent and I'm taking out the commanders. This teambuddy of mine didn't do jack **** except a bit of turling and saving up his wyrms for a moment that would never happen. He starts complaining to me that he wanted to kill em off with his wyrms! I'm like "mate you had a 7 minute window to get some wyrms in there and it never happened you can't really blame me for that". I cringed.... hard
    [​IMG]
    I have another truly rage inducing story that I'll never forget but I won't tell it now. I'll keep that one for something in the future.

Anyone else got some juicy story's cause lets be honest, there truly are some players in pa that keep redefining the word of a noob.
    Corgiarmy, Furballman, ljfed and 5 others like this.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I once played ranked.
    mered4, tatsujb, cdrkf and 2 others like this.
  3. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

The noobiest thing I did when I was a wee 2/3 hr in lad was build t1 turrets around my base so to protect my metal extractors from the (at the time) mass grenadier meta. It took me a sold 5 more hours to try and just attack people instead of mustering a right click army

That or when I didn't notice the Halley pathing and accidentally Halley killed myself when winning a 2v1 match....so many tears
    Furballman likes this.
  4. frostsatir

frostsatir Active Member

One guy smashed own planet and tell then "Ops, i,m idiot".
    g0hstreaper and dom314 like this.
  5. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

I did it bc the game was lagging and I couldn't take it any more, but I didn't want to just delete.
  6. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

back in combat engineer meta i was reclaiming my commander trying to do a weird strat and rush, well i never stopped my combat fabbers and reclaimed myself 6 min in...
    MrTBSC, KnavishPlum, tatsujb and 8 others like this.
  7. g0hstreaper

Anchor creeping....I use to do this soooo much, I'm so ashamed
  8. trashmanf

trashmanf New Member

You can reclaim your own commander? That's brilliant, I'll never want for metal again
  9. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I'm a terrible ally in multi planet maps lol. The other day played a 2 v 2 v 2 non shared on a 3 planet + asteroids systems. All 3 planets spawnable.

Myself and my ally got a planet each, other two teams both spawned on the third planet. So far so good.

I expand onto all 3 asteroids, amass eco and t2 and start building a Halley. I figured that would be a major target so moved ALL my orbital force to protect it. As I had such a large orbital force I'd neglected to build any umbrellas...

Halley is at 95%... *boom* they sxx snipe my com :p oops...
    Furballman, tunsel11 and Corgiarmy like this.
  10. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

What about this noob?

Start at 14:45
    stuart98, Furballman and tunsel11 like this.
  11. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

< is the ultimate PA n00b
  12. xankar

xankar Post Master General

I played with elodea.
    stuart98 and tunsel11 like this.
  13. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

one of my two ranked matches, I won with 8 infernos I think
  14. Furballman

Furballman Member

I was allowed to reclaim my enemy's commander with t1 air fabs. He had spent the whole game walking across the map....... Building a turret every couple of minutes
  15. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

jesus how did his commander not shoot them all down, t1 air fabs have no hp
  16. pieman90

pieman90 Active Member

The time I halleyed my own planet twice. :(:(
  17. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

you are higher rank than me .... you couldnĀ“t be possibly that bad ..
  18. walmartdialup

walmartdialup Active Member

Yesterday in a 5v5 shared when I set all my t1 bot factories to make fabbers. Used them to build a nuke. Its a good strategy.... just need better players :).
  19. g0hstreaper

ah when the planet was still saved but everything on it was completely destroyed, good time :)
  20. underscore1112

underscore1112 Member

I played a guy on pacific who rushed t2 tanks. Didnt build a single naval factory. He proceeded to spam torpedo launchers on his tiny little island until eventually i send my t2 navy.
    I played a guy who built nothing but pgens.
    I've played countless games where some child deleted all our coms in shared armies.
    I played a game where a guy massed spinners.
    The list goes on and on.
    Nicb1, Furballman, tunsel11 and 2 others like this.
  21. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

A kind of noobish strategy. I killed a player with boombots who defend his com with 50 spinners. I had nothing but a bot factory and a skitter because he had destroyed my base. The boombots bounced around the aa tanks like a galton board right to his com.
    Last edited: March 2, 2016