The most Overpowered class

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Coverop, April 26, 2011.

?

Who is the most overpowered class in Monday Night Combat?

1. Assassin

10 vote(s)
    10.1%
  2. Assault

27 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Tank

9 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Gunner

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
  5. Sniper

46 vote(s)
    46.5%
  6. Support

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Coverop

Coverop New Member

Who is the most overpowered class in Monday Night Combat?
    Discuss
  2. Lyrae

Lyrae New Member

ME.
  3. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Fix'd
  4. Lyrae

Lyrae New Member

I see wat u did thar. =.=

EDIT: Voted sniper because, while not really overpowered in the big picture, he boasts the ability to spam OHKO's from across a number of the maps, in complete safety from anything but another sniper so long as nothing gets close to him.
  5. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

Sniper, just because he is.
  6. Coverop

Coverop New Member

I made this poll because I meet "Fatal Midget" who is trying to tell me that ASSAULT Is OP.

I think Assault is Perfectly balanced... but maybe slight-y underpowered.
  7. Revolution_Jones

Revolution_Jones New Member

Heh, I was in that game. Some how I just happened to lose connection when we were about to push.

Assault's one shot is a bit hard for some of us to do. Noticeable lag from hitting the button to it actually coming out, lag on your part, or lag on the other never makes it a reliable option.
  8. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

Sniper's got the highest potential of completely breaking the enemy team both physically and psychologically when in the hands of a good player, but in the end, skill is what is truly OP.
  9. Coverop

Coverop New Member

Mostly his Passive Level 3 Skill.
    Bigger piercing and blast (or splash) damage = x2 Faster earning juice.
  10. Revolution_Jones

Revolution_Jones New Member

I don't get why they won't put a simply breathing sway motion for the sniper. I would give every head shot the credit it's due if the Reticle wasn't straight as an arrow.

I think a great trade off for their Passive 3 would be a reticle sway. They have an explosive shot? Fine, but not everything is easy for ya.
  11. Vlane

Vlane New Member

verden is.

From a theoretical standpoint sniper is but in the actual game assault is.
  12. Xalerwons

Xalerwons New Member

Only reason sniper is eligible is because he loses zero accuracy for moving/jumping/quick-scoping/getting shot/being charged/burning/or any other thing that would affect accuracy in any other fps.
  13. daztora

daztora New Member

Assault, he is good at doing anything, sort of a Jack of Trades, where the others have strong points and weak. Assaults can easily kill pros, easily kills bots and turrets.
  14. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

Assault still? Really?

Bleh.

He's too weak currently outside a few very strict circumstances. The charge recharge length is way too long.
  15. Lyrae

Lyrae New Member

I have seen people go 40+/5- with every class except Assassin (seen 38, not 40 yet). The potential is there for all classes, IMO.
  16. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

Grenade launcher sucks at killing bots, AR even more so. Bomb just throws bots around.
  17. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

If you're comparing the sniper to snipers in other FPS games...

• Ideal quickscoping
    • High rate of fire, 60-85 RPM (depending on ensorsement)
    • Can stay zoomed in while shooting with that high RoF, making it very easy to retry missed headshots
    • Infinite ammo, but a quick reload every 4-8 shots (depending on endorsement)
    • Low health, but an absurdly small hit model that makes up for the low health in many cases
    • 3 freeze traps, usable for protection at close range and easy headshots. Especially effective combined with the common jump pads and narrow walkways. Cooldown allows a trap to be replaced almost as soon as one is tripped. Disables skills at max upgrade.
    • Very strong grapple
    • Powerful AOE ability (flak)
    • Decent mid-short range weapon
    • Maps that allow the sniper huge views of the play area, combined with excellent protection from approach
    • Fast respawns minimize the sniper's downtime even if he dies, making him a nearly ever-present force
  18. killien

killien Active Member

Squishier classes yes, Tank/Gunner are a bit tougher, especially a Tank running Gold Armor + lvl3 Passive
    Support gets a gets a bit tougher to take down once he gets lvl3 Passive with Gold Armor as well
    Eh, I'd put Assault closer to "decent" as Tank/Sin/Gunner can tear up bots better
    If it isn't being attended to by a Support, yea, but if it's being healed you're better off doing other things until your Juice is full
  19. Vlane

Vlane New Member

I went 53-0 as sin on LazerRazor (sadly before the Steam screenshot feature) and Marmalade went 53-0 on I think Ammo Mule (no, was also LazerRazor).

Possible and not all that hard if you can play and want to be a lamer and juice-chain (if you are playing on a 15 minute server).
  20. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Turrets are the assault's weakest point.

Firebases take an absurd number of grenades to destroy, and the tiny hitboxes of the grenades and the firebase mean that you have to keep a very steady aim on it. So the assault has to barely move for a relatively very long time to destroy one firebase. The AR does it faster, but not as fast as the firebase would kill you.

GL also isn't very good against rockit turrets. Again, the small hitbox of the grenades and the slim profile of the rockit turret make it really hard to consistently hit the turret while staying mobile. Even a Lv1 rockit is impossible to take down with the GL (unjuiced) if it's being healed. Anything above Lv1 even when not being healed takes a very long time. When juiced, the GL can just barely destroy a Lv2 rockit being healed, and doesn't stand a chance against a healed Lv3.