The MNCup Tournament

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by groundcontrol, November 3, 2013.

1. groundcontrol

groundcontrol Member

The Monday Night Cup

WTFe will be hosting a Monday Night Combat Tournament for anyone still interested in this game. You will not be playing with any existing teams in the game and instead there will be 4 captains selecting between 20 players to form their team. One catch though each player will be limited to 3 classes and the captain will be able to use any class they want to fill the team. If you are interested in participating in this tournament please give me your name and 3 classes that you are willing to play that I can write you down for. And If you want to captain tell me and add me on Xbox Live. Hopefully we will be able to get this done by the end of the month and teams picked by the end of the week.

Prize: A imaginary trophy. But if anyone wants to offer anything up be my guest.

Current Captains: 4/4
    S Kay Eye El El
    GC2MT
    Teapot
    LeadLPmaster

Player List and Classes:
    [x]AlphabetTaco (Assassin/Tank/Support)
    []Feedle (Tank/Support/Assassin)
    []xJake630x (Assassin/Support/Tank
    [x]Buffacumber (Assassin/Assault/Support)
    [x]Gemicide (Support/Tank/Gunner)
    [x]Skittlesinthere (Assassin/Support/Gunner)
    []Outlaw Returns (Support/Assassin/Gunner)
    [x]Leo (Assassin/Assault/Tank)
    [x]Sattawtf (Assault/Gunner/Sniper)
    [x]Randomtoon (Gunner/Assault/Sniper)
    []Pian588 (Assassin/Gunner/Support)
    [x]JumpJohnson (Sniper/Tank/Assault)
    [x]zMrTryHard (Tank/Support/Sniper)
    [x]BOT Punchules (Support/Assassin/Tank)
    [x]James Melledy (Tank/Sniper/Support)
    [x]Scratchy (Gunner/Sniper/Assassin)
    [x]ASwimingYoshi (Support/Assassin/Tank)
    []ApatheticWrath (Assassin/Gunner/Support)
    [x]Shammas (Sniper/Assassin/Support)
    [x]Frank Fotaine (Tank/Sniper/Undecided)
    []Gunked (Willing to play hasn't told me classes yet)
    [x]GXmbit
    [x]Jurisdiction (Unspecified)
    []Naka333
    []SabreW (Assassin/Support/Sniper)
    [x]Chron2cle
    [x]Miracle

Current Teams (liable to change)

Team Name - *** Drillers
    Skill-Gunner
    Yosh-Support
    Jump-Assault
    Murky-Sniper
    James-Tank
    (Replacement)-Assassin

Team Name - Orange Mocha Frappuccino
    Sattawtf - Gunner
    GC - Assault
    Taco - Tank
    Organous - Assassin
    Toon - Sniper
    Bot - Support

Team Name - Shotgun the Tidal Wave
    LeadLPmaster-Gunner
    LeoV1993-Assault
    xShammas-Sniper
    Frank Fotaine-Tank
    Buffacumber-Assassin
    Gemicide-Support

Name - Live Free or Try Hard
    Assassin - Two Zeroes
    Assault - DarkenMind
    Gunner - Teapot Yo
    Sniper - Gxmbit
    Support - Chron2cle
    Tank - Jurisdiction720
    Last edited: November 24, 2013
  2. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Sure, why not. Although I really do play anything, let's have some fun; Gunner\Assault\Sniper.
  3. groundcontrol

groundcontrol Member

I only added in the 3 class limitation so it is easier for the captains to pick and for team balance. That way someone can't say I'm only going to play x and then switch up half way through. And for people that don't want to be stuck on a class but still want to enjoy playing some games they are able to request a certain class.
    Last edited: November 3, 2013
  4. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

Can you put me down as just "Leo". I don't like the v93 portion..
    naka333 likes this.
  5. groundcontrol

groundcontrol Member

Done
  6. groundcontrol

groundcontrol Member

If anyone has any suggestions or want to help feel free to speak up,
  7. purplescratchy

purplescratchy Well-Known Member

Scrattchy (Gunner/Sniper/Assassin)
  8. headcase201

headcase201 New Member

Aswimmingyoshi (support/assassin/tank)
    Apatheticwrath(assassin/gunner/support)
  9. feedle

feedle Post Master General

im up for it just hope everyone takes part
  10. purplescratchy

purplescratchy Well-Known Member

James Melledy (Support/Tank/Sniper)
  11. operatingdeck881572

operatingdeck881572 Active Member

12. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Now we just need captains.
  13. xshammas

xshammas Well-Known Member

14. groundcontrol

groundcontrol Member

I know that Mars, Feedle, Lead, and myself would all be willing. I just want to wait a couple days for more responses. I still need to send messages to a couple of people about it like teapot and chron who I hope will captain but if they just want to participate I will free open a spot in the participants and move people into captain positions. Also still waiting back to hear from a couple people I would assume would join in on the fun such as frank.
  15. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I assume there will be a draft? There are two people that rarely ever play that I would like to see participate in this tournament. I don't know if they would be as interested if someone else drafted them.

Jurisdiction720 and Gxmbit. If they're down I only need 3.

if I could pick my own team I would most likely just need a decent gunner. The rest of my team will be rather new, but it'd be too hard to bring a gunner up to speed.
  16. frank fotaine

frank fotaine Member

I'm game to play but I was just thinking that there could be a potential problem. I looked at the list of current people participating and I could see a little unbalance due to the already choosing your classes. The main problem would be the amount of people willing to play gunner and assault. It's a well known fact that no one is usually willing to play a high pressure, high attention classes. I also noticed that some of the typical gunners for pms are choosing to stay away from gunner. I suppose this problem could be solved depending on who the Captains are but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

If I were to play I'd like to play

Tank (you already know)
    Sniper
    I'm not sure on my third class. It's gonna be either assault or gunner. I'm not a good gunner but I like playing the class. I just have almost no experience playing it in pms.
  17. groundcontrol

groundcontrol Member

ATM I have skill, teapot, and myself listed as captains and scratchy and satta are listed as gunners so most likely this wont become a problem. Also feel free to captain yourself because as of right now you might not get a spot in this tournament if I cant get enough people.

Yes there will be I'll get the other captains and myself in a party and choose players.

Is that their exact gamertags or are they on your friends list so I can message them about it.
  18. frank fotaine

frank fotaine Member

I might consider captaining. We'll see. I personally don't think that I really fit the role as a captain considering I'm an average player and I don't main gunner and assault.

How would the draft go? Because I would assume it wouldn't be the same as pms because it'd be too unfair(one person getting two picks). If the captains got one pick each then obviously first pick would be a huge advantage.
  19. groundcontrol

groundcontrol Member

I was thinking something like

Captain One: 1st 8th 11th 14th 20th
    Captain Two: 2nd 5th 12th 15th 19th
    Captain Three: 3rd 6th 9th 16th 18th
    Captain Four: 4th 7th 10th 13th 17th

Also I am sure you would be fine captaining. I have captained a lot in PM's and the best advice I would give is attempt to figure out the others pick order and work around that and get good team synergy. As an example lets say skill is captaining and yoshi and gem are in the lobby, skill would probably pick yoshi and I can put of getting gem until the final round because it is a win either way. Either I get gem last pick or skill picks him then he either has to run yoshi or gem on support and the other has to play a class they aren't as strong with.
  20. frank fotaine

frank fotaine Member

Are the captains numbered in the order that they volunteered?
    Such as if I captained I would then become captain four and get the 4th 7th 10th 13th and 17th picks?

The draft is interesting in theory. it seems pretty solid, depending on if the captains choose a team based on what they actually need instead of just friendship. I could see a captain or two picking a lower end person early in the draft just because they're friends (aka your scenario where skill picks yoshi, therefore upsetting the balance of his team for later picks). I saw that for the first captain, they dont' get a second pick until the 8th "round." I think thats a good system. The teams would have to be pretty varied. Considering higher end players would obviously go first.

Is the roster final? As in, a captain couldn't choose a person who is on the waiting list? Such as me or gunked or whoever there might be.